Brooke’s second birthday was a success.
I was super fancy in the kitchen yesterday and I made some funfetti (you have to admit, funfetti is the best flavor of boxed cake mixes) cupcakes for Brooke. I made sure to save the extra frosting for the next time I have graham crackers. Graham crackers + frosting = amazing.
I asked Brooke what she wanted for dinner and surprise, surprise—> she wanted chicken nuggets, roasted broccoli (I have never seen a child love broccoli more than Brooke does) and chips and salsa.
We are having a big family party today for Brooke so yesterday it was just me and the Brookers (except my mom and dad came over for cupcakes:) Yesterday couldn’t have been more perfect. I think I need to start celebrating her quarterly birthdays too.
I think she liked her presents.
Now for my 8 random pictures:
1. My motivation to hit the treadmill this morning for a little bit of a speed workout. A new pair of shoes make me even more excited to run. PS I keep my prettiest shoes for the treadmill so that they stay clean for as long as possible before I take them outside to run.
2. Cait, I like the way you think.
3. I saw chatbooks on my friend’s instagram and I fell in love. They turn your instagram photos into a book. Just ordered my first two books.
4. Someday we will have a table. Okay, I am really wishing we had a table right now but I have been way too picky with tables and so I am making my sister go with me today to help me make a final decision (I did get one a few days ago but then I changed my mind.. that is how picky I am being for some weird reason).
5. These workout capris. I am tempted to steal them from Jess.
6. The guy next to me at Costco had an entire flatbed of cheesecakes. This was during my ‘no desserts for 21 days’ thing and I couldn’t stop thinking about cheesecake for the rest of the day after seeing these.
7. Megan and I are now neighbors. Best news ever.
Megan is the one that got me to sign up for my first marathon. I blame her for my racing addiction.
(Picture of us that was on my blog over 3 years ago.. Okay, it is getting weird how long I have been blogging for now)
8. I did finally decide on my bedding and it should be here any day now. Lots of white with these fun pillows that my mom and I picked out (the pillows are kind of messy because we were in a hurry but you get the idea:)
What type of cake do you request on your birthday? Anyone not a fan of cake?
What/who made you sign up for your first race?
Moms reading—> what are your kids favorite foods lately?
Have any post requests or questions you want me to blog about? Let me know in the comments!