1. Exploration. I think it is natural for us to want to explore the world and see new things and what better way to do that than trail running?
2. Being out in nature is proven to make you happier. It’s science.
3. Running on soft surfaces like dirt is so good for your joints. Less stress on your body!
4. Running on trails helps you to build stabilizer muscles (especially on really uneven/technical trails) that you don’t really get from running on the roads/treadmill.
5. Switches things up—> bored with your routine lately? Hit the trails (just make sure to go with someone and/or a dog:)!
6. It slows you down which is GOOD for us… Every day should not be fast and so I especially love to run trails after a speedwork day so that I am forced to go slower and let my body recover.
7. You get to escape. No cars, no street lights or buildings. It is like a mini vacation.
8. To go along with #7, you don’t have to ever stop for cars/lights etc.
9. You feel hardcore after a good trail run.
10. My last (love/hate) reason —> trails force you to run more hills which hurts but makes us so much stronger!
Nothing in the world better to come back to after a run. Brooke was extra cuddly yesterday because I think she knew she wasn’t going to see me for a few days.
It makes my heart happy that Brooke loves green smoothies so much. My smoothie from Green Me yesterday was a mango one with chia seeds and extra kale.
Brooke and I went and did some of her favorite things and when she left, I went to yoga followed by Cafe Rio with a side of Mad Men.
And this quote that Angelica shared yesterday nailed what I feel completely. I plead insanity!
From a good friend:
Trail runners—> why do you love the trails?
What show(s) are you hooked on lately?
When you get bored with your workout routine, how do you switch things up?
What did you do last night?