Even though I will be very slowly building up my mileage, just getting out for a mile or two is sure feeling awesome.
Ten things you could think about during your next run if you are bored and needing some ideas:
1. Race day. I love thinking about how the training that I am doing at that moment is going to make race day feel a lot better because I will be trained properly. Putting in the work now will allow me to run faster/longer on race day!
2. When your legs get tired and you want to slow down then try my favorite trick—> pump your arms harder and your legs will have to keep up with your arms:)
3. How much good you are doing for your heart… “Bouts of strenuous exercise over time makes the heart larger, stronger and more efficient at speeding oxygen-rich blood and fuel to the muscles…. An adult heart at rest needs to pump about five liters of blood per minute and it does this in about 72 beats. A well-trained athlete’s heart, however, can pump the same amount with far fewer beats. When it really revs up, it can pump 40 liters of blood per minute.” (Source)
4. Your running form. My favorite form chart:
5. Think about how far you’ve come since the first day that you laced up your shoes to go for a run. Think about how strong you are physically and mentally after sticking to running for x amount of time!
6. Somebody in your life that is having a hard time—> think about something you can do for them today!
7. This if you are wanting to stop early:
8. My two favorite quotes from Dean Karnazes:
“Running is about finding your inner peace, and so is life well lived.”
“Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never give up.”
9. My personal favorite thing to think about at the end of a run—> WHAT AM I GOING TO MAKE FOR BREAKFAST!?!?!?
10. Think about what month would be good for you to fly out to Utah so that you can join in on the ginormous group run that I want to put together.
While in town I got to see THE Monica. In case you were wondering, she is just as hilarious in real life as she is on her blog/instagram. We met through blogging years ago and have stayed tight ever since. Anytime I am in California I make her hang out with me. She always puts me in the best mood and makes me laugh so hard it hurts.
She is a running machine!
And 5 more things to tell you about:
1. Someone making your bed everyday at a hotel = priceless.
2. A must if you are ever in San Clemente. Rolled tacos smothered in guacamole.
3. The hotel elliptical is about 6 inches from the mirror. Kind of awkward to be that close to a mirror while you are working out.
4. Leave it to the Cheesecake Factory to make a salad that isn’t even remotely healthy but I must admit it is incredibly delicious.
5. Headed to Nordstrom today with Brookers to the Anniversary Sale. My good friend told me that I need to go get myself a divorce present for myself (when someone tells me to do something then I kind of have to do it).
I am deciding between THESE Frye Riding Boots (I have always wanted a pair of Frye boots!), THESE Steve Madden Military Boots (in the light color), THIS Messenger Bag (even though I really don’t need it but I want it in black) or THESE running capris and running top (in purple)… Or maybe I should just go and buy a 1 lb of froyo and realize that froyo makes me just as happy as a pair of new boots and call it good. Anyone else hitting up the sale!?!?!
Tell me some of your thoughts during your run lately?!?!
Do you pay attention to your running form? What do you need to work on?
What do you order at the Cheesecake Factory?