We swear we are never going to do it again. AND SOME REALLY GOOD NEWS!!

So far I have done each and every single item on this checklist since I crossed the finish line on Saturday.

I remember the exact thoughts that I was having in the below picture.

They were as followed—> “I will never ever do another marathon ever again. Ever. I want to sleep for the next 12 years. I will also never wear shoes again.”

And somehow my brain has already forgotten about all of the pain and the promise that I made to myself about never doing a marathon again and I am already looking forward to the St. George Marathon in October and starting to train again in about 5 weeks.

Why do we do that?  How do we forget about how hard races can be and yet we keep signing up for more and more?

Somebody please explain this to me because as of 4 days ago I was pretty positive I was going to never run again but now I may already have a countdown on my phone for the St. George Marathon.

***I do know that I really do love the training that goes into the marathon.  All of those runs with my training partners are what I really love and so I think I am already looking forward to those runs together again.

I agree with this 100%:

Screen Shot 2014 06 17 at 10 33 57 PM

———————————

Are you ready for my good news?  Okay, it is just really good news for me but just pretend to be excited mkay:)

So, a few months ago when I was finally starting to feel like myself again and a little bit more stable after my divorce Brooke and I started looking for a place to live.  I felt like I could finally do it all on my own and I was really stoked.  We found the absolute PERFECT PLACE for the two of us but there was a huge waiting list and we have been waiting patiently ever since.

After my race on Saturday they called me and told me that my apartment is ready and waiting for me at the beginning of August.

It is perfect.  It is still super close to my mom and sister’s house (location was the most important part for me), it has a beautiful pool, I have friends that live at this complex, the kitchen is beautiful and I just feel so right about it.  Don’t you love it when you feel really right about something?

My mom and dad told me when I started looking at places that they were okay with me moving out but Brooke… that is another story:)  Good thing we will be within 7 minutes of them and will still be over all of the time.

Things sure have changed over the last year!

—————————

My dad has some really exciting things going on in his life right now too so we all went to dinner last night to celebrate.

My mom passed the genes of ‘ordering breakfast for dinner as much as possible’ down to me and I like it.  Denver Omelet for me.

PS it is snowing in the mountains right above our house and we have the heater on full blast.  It is June.

———————————————

Are you in a house, townhouse, apartment?  How do you like it?  How often do you move?

Do you ever have ‘post race blues’?  Do you tell yourself you are never going to do a race again while you are doing it and then forget about that and sign up for another?

I haven’t heard about your workouts lately… WHAT IS YOUR WORKOUT TODAY!?

You May Also Like

157 comments

Aw congrats on the new place! So happy for you! We live in a townhouse right now but we will be moving soon-ish, we are just not sure where yet so we don’t know what kind of place we will have.

I have been SO SORE lately so doing biking the last two days as my workout, I definitely missed spin class though so it’s really fun!

Congrats on the apartment! being close to family but with your own place will be awesome!

I was literally just reading that oatmeal comic when I clicked over to your blog and then saw it again. I was laughing hysterically at all the dos and do nots!

I usually deal with post marathon blues by signing up for another race and making PLANS!

A big congratulations on your new apartment. I sure have ‘post race blues’ that go away the next day and I have signed up for my first half marathon on 28th June fingers crossed I reach the finish line-my longest race to date!!!!

Congrats on getting the apartment! Your parents sound awesome, but I know you must be so excited to start this next chapter of your life.

I live in a condo now and love it because there’s less to clean than with a house plus someone else takes care of the lawn, pool, etc. :) Plus I have TWO gyms in my complex which is kind of cool if you like working out, haha.

I usually experience “pre-finish line blues” where I tell myself I am never going to another race EVER again, but then magically as soon as I cross the finish line I start telling everyone about how I am going straight home to sign up for another one! That finish line really does something to my brain!

Hello from New Zealand!
Congrats on the new pad, are you already planning how to decorate?!

I found your blog a few months ago and I just wanted to say thanks! I’m so excited every time I see you’ve put up a new post.

I’ve currently got a torn tendon and can’t run to so your pool running stuff has been great. Been three times this week already but man does it make me hungry!

Congrats on the new place! I wish my place had a pool in it :( I’d use it almost every day in the summers. I just had smokers move in beneath me and I’ve felt sick and headachy since then.

Since it’s supposed to be over 90 here today, having snow sounds kind of okay to me…

I walked into my current apartment and said, “Yup, this is it.” When you walk into a place, you just kind of know and I’ve loved my little studio ever since.

blocking out the pain…sounds JUST like childbirth, right?!?!

Yay! I am so excited for you and Brooke! And I definitely felt like I wasn’t running again after my half marathon, but of course I changed my mind :) I have a run on the books for today :)

Congrats on finding a new place!! That can be so hard sometimes. We live in an apartment right next to a park and all sorts of running trails, but we’re less than a 5 minute drive from stores and restaurants. I love it.

Yay on the new place! We just upgraded from an apartment to a townhouse in the beginning of June- and LOVE it! :) Although it’s been approximately 2 weeks, and we’ve convinced ourselves that we need a puppy now that we have more space and a (tiny) yard! I love that our new place has more roads to run along and a few trails around the river- before, I was stuck running in one of two areas for safety reasons.

Now I just need that puppy to run along the trails with me…! ;)

Also- my first marathon is in November, and I’m super excited/nervous/scared/happy about it! I finished my 6th half marathon at the end of April and took a month off of training and did slow/easy runs… picking the mileage back up this week for training! So excited!

That is FANTASTIC news for you and Brookie! You must be soo excited! Congrats!

When I first moved back to the states from London, we lived in a townhouse and it was amazing! They took care of everything, it was expensive but sooo worth it.. if I can ever afford to live in one again that is the top of my list!

I def had post race blues after the Buffalo Marathon… I had worked so hard and things went soooo well… and then that was it… nothing… I felt so sad. Now I can look forward to my marathon in October AND signing up for Boston! Wahoo! See you in Boston!

I have been dying for a short long run… if that makes sense… Like it’s long for me now, but in say 2 months it will be my short run..lol …like 6-8 miles …lol

Snowing!!! Are you serious?! It is already over 70 and going to be over 90 here today! Yes I get the post race blues a little….but I try to think of the positives of giving myself a break!
I also tell myself these things during almost every race; I am taking a break from racing, why am I doing this?, it is not like I am ever going to be some Olympic runner…what am I thinking? and I can’t believe I paid to do this…..BUT as soon as I finish I want to do it again! and I am coming up with a plan on how I can do better :)!
I am about to go for an 8 mile run :)

congrats on the new apartment!

Yay for you! It DOES sound like the perfect place for you. I can’t wait to see pictures and hear all about the new apartment.

This truly made me smile!! Congrats, so happy for you and Brooke you deserve it so much! You have been through so much and even though there are still hard times, you just look so happy and sound like it too :)

My husband and I currently live in a house and we have moved 3 times in 4 years all within about 1 mile of each other :) Haha, so I really dislike moving, but this house is very cute right now and we are waiting to buy someday in the future so we will probably end up living in our same neighborhood just another mile away :)

My workouts have been fine! Just cross and weight training! I am going to attempt a run this afternoon, but it looks like it’s going to be in the mid 90s around 530ish when I will get out there…not fun :( It will probably be a short one!

Congrats on your place! That is awesome news. You and Brooke are sure to be really happy there. Good things happen to good people :)

Hooray! Congrats on getting the apartment :) That’s so exciting. What a perfect phone call to get after a less than happy race.
Today is going to be a legs day. Probably squats, lunges. ..you know. The works.

That’s awesome news, congrats!!! I wish I had a pool at my house :)

Today’s workout included a treadmill session + some weights. And I might do a prenantal yoga video on YouTube later today!

Congrats on your new place! That’s very exciting! I def get the pre race blues- at the start line I’m so full of nerves I tell mysef ‘this is the last race. Never again will I pay money to feel like this’. Then I cross the finish line and sign up for my next race.

Congratulations, beauty!
Fun fact….I lived alone from 22-27…during those years I REALLY grew up: this was the first place I had lived in where I had my own room and my own space. You really get to know yourself when you are your sole provider!!
You and the Brookers will do great :)

Congrats on the apartment!!!! That’s so exciting!

Snowing… oh Utah, lol! Congrats on the apartment!! It will be awesome for you guys! I’m in the process of moving right now so my mom and I are living with my grandma + grandpa for a month.. it will be an experience!

Congrats on the apartment! I am so happy for you!

I think we forget about how hard the marathon is and want to sign up for another because the amazing sense of accomplishment quickly overshadows the pain and struggle. The pain lasts a few hours (ok, and maybe the next day or two), but the way it makes you feel inside lasts so much longer and is so much more powerful.

I’m gonna go sign up for another marathon now… ;)

So happy for you, friend — best wishes on the move!

Congrats on the apartment! I lived in a super small apartment for the last couple of years, and in August I’m moving into a house. I’m so excited to have more space!
That is crazy about the snow! The same thing has happened here in New Hampshire before, but I’ll take heat over snow any day.
I think I am going to ride my bike on the trails today for some cross training :)

Congrats on the apartment! I rent a house right now. I love the space, but miss the pool and gym that cam with my old apartment.

Today is a track workout: 10×300…I’m already preparing to be sore tomorrow but it will be worth it!

Congrats on getting your own place! I’m glad you’ll get to move in while you still have time to use the pool!

ah congrats that is soo exciting!!

Aw that’s awesome!! That’s exciting news!!

I co-own a home with my long term love. But there are times when I do miss our apartment. It was a nice apartment. And we didn’t have to maintain the yard.

I’m in a house right now but my all time favorite when I was single was living in a townhouse. There’s just less to take care of and deal with.
My workout today is 2 mile easy run, I have a 11 hour workday today and a 11 mile run tomorrow.
Congrats on the apartment. It’s a huge step in getting past the divorce and moving on.

OMG I am so excited for you and Brooke! You will be so happy and I know for a fact because I had to move after my divorce and hoped and prayed to get into the complex I am currently live in and have been living in for the last almost five years. Community living is perfect for after divorce. You will even meet more single moms in similar situations just like I did. And the pool aspect is often (as is the fact that I have a running trail inside my community). I hated getting divorced, hated giving up my house but you know what? I love where my son and I live and have been very happy ever since. So excited for you.

Janae, I just want to say that I think you’re doing a great job. You’ve been through a lot, but you’re doing perfectly. All of your readers are so proud of you!

So excited for you in the apartment! It is the best feeling when you finally get in after being on a waiting list. That is what I had to do with the apartment that I’m currently in,b ut it was worth the wait, and I love it!

I had a recovery run this morning, four easy sunset miles in the CRAZY humidity, and it was great! My legs are super tight from a track workout yesterday so I need to foam roll really well now.

I was supposed to make fish tonight, but your breakfast for dinner pictures inspired me to do the same tonight! Because an omelet ALWAYS sounds good! :)

Congrats on the apartment! That is so exciting for you guys! We move all the time. We have been in our current house less than a year and it is up in the air whether we will be here another whole year. I wish we still lived 7 minutes from my parents! Lucky duck!

I feel the same way about races! So exhausting yet so addicting.

I do get the post race blues, I ran 6 miles this morning and I live in a house. I also have a vacation house and a cabin and I truly am thankful even though you would think I’m not because I frequently complain about all the lawns I have to mow.

Snow and heaters in June is just crazy and unfathomable to me!

Congrats on your apartment!

Congratulations on the new digs!! My fiance and I are in an apartment right now and looking forward to maybe getting a house next year. Can’t wait to see it!

I’m so excited for you. New place and fresh start sounds perfect. My husband and I have been in our starter home for almost 17 years. We just started looking at moving and it is so exciting. Like you though my criteria is that I have to find a place close to my bff sister like we are now.
My workouts have taken a hit right now because I’m working on report cards and trying to finish out this extended school year. We’ve have 7 make up days due to snow so the kids are going insane wanting to be done. Poor kids! Now when I hear the word snow I feel a little nauseous. :)

The apartment is so exciting!!
I went from living at home to living in an apartment 15 min away with my hubby and then when he died I knew I needed to move because he died in our bedroom and it was too painful to stay. So I went house hunting and found the perfect townhouse a mile away from my folks. At my closing they said I had mail already. It was a welcome mailing from the phone company ADDRESSED to my husband!!!! I knew at that moment I made the right choice and he was letting me know he would always be with me. :)

Oh I always get the post race blues. That’s why I try and register for a race a month if I can.

So excited for you and Brooke. A new place, more races and lots of good things going on in your family. Good for you!! :)

We live in a townhouse now, but we’re moving to a single-level apartment at the end of July. My next race is the RNR 1/2 in L.A., and I’ll be running with Team ASPCA. Very excited! Workout today is probably lots of miles on the treadmill, since it’s supposed to storm here all day. Boooo….

Congratulations on the new place! We used to live in an apartment complex with pool, and I really miss that. Don’t take it for granted; if I could go back, I’d be out there every day :)

I’m hitting up the pool for my workout after work today. It’s nice to swim indoors to avoid the heat and sun going on in NC right now!

My husband and I own our own house and I love having a house after living in apartments for so long after college. The best is having a garage and not having to scrape the frost off my car in the winter before driving it! And we have a fenced in yard so we got a dog right away!

Congratulations on your new apartment!! That’s very exciting – and I’m jealous you’ll have a pool. I am not jealous, however, of you having the heat on. I’m in Virginia and today the high is 99. I am not a HUGE fan of 99, but I prefer that over snow in June :)

I read somewhere that you need to forget the bad memories of your last race before you sign up for you next one. It’s so true! After a while, you still remember the agony of it, but somehow the good memories of it shine through more and you’re ready for another!

Oh, and I live in a house now. I love the space as backyard, but hate the upkeep of it. We both work full time and it’s just too much. So we’re thinking about going back to an apartment or a place with less space.

Janae!!

So many big things are happening in your life. YAY. Can I still be your number 1 fan hahaha? (well number one internet fan because I guess Brooke and your family can come first.:-)

Anyways I’ve moved too much. I live in a house which I love. I just don’t love the area as much as I would like. I would actually really like an apartment but T needs a garage to do manly things…

Yay!! That is so exciting Janae! My husband and I live in a condo and we love it. It is a great location amd not a whole lotta maintenance. While most of our friends are super grown up and own a house, we are not ready for the stage yet. Perhaps when we reproduce :)

I keep doing these beach run 5ks, hating them during, and swearing to give up on the series I signed up for before summer started. And then after some post race snacks my mind clears up a bit and i think, oh yeah. Ill be back.

YAY YAY YAY! Congrats on your new place, that must feel so exciting for you :) I am in an apartment in a shared house right now- I have lived in like 6 places over the past 5 years. One of these days I’m going to settle down and stay in one place for longer than 6 -12 months, ha!

Congrats on the new apartment!! Super exciting!!! And its so perfect that it’s close to your family!

ps – i loooove breakfast for dinner too! It’s the best!

I usually tell myself, “never again!” but there’s something exciting about training for a race. That feeling you get when you cross the finish line is what keeps me going.

That IS great news! I love hearing good things happening! Good for your dad, too!!
Was yesterday the coldest June day or what?! We had to turn the heat back on last night because it was so dang cold! My poor baby’s hands were freezing when I got up to feed her at 4. Crazy Utah!

Congrats!! That is great news! We used to live in a townhouse but just recently moved states and are renting a 3 bedroom house and LOVE IT!!

Love those captions. Something terribly wrong about finishing a marathon and feeling any sort of disappointment. As I get older, PROCESS GOALS move to the front of the line, and TIME GOALS fade to the back.. way back… like I stick them in the port-a-potty at the start and lock the door. (sometimes even knock the port-a-potty over with the Time Goals inside, and I scream “how dya like them apples?” as I take off on my first mile and the Time Goals get covered with the kind of yuck they deserve.)

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! You and Brooke really deserve it. Big hugs x

haha, I say the same things after every marathon yet I keep signing up for them! I can’t stop!

I am really excited for you and Brooke. It will be so nice to have your own place/space but still be close to your family. Right now my husband and I are living in my parents’ basement (we just moved across the country and we’re trying to save up some money/pay off some debt) and while it’s awesome being so close to my fam we also crave that just us time sometimes – and that feeling that we are providing for ourselves. We’ll see how long we can stick it out :)

Congratulations to you and your daughter! This is such a terrific milestone and I couldn’t be happier for you! Much love xo

Woot Woot!

Now you can invite bangs friend to come visit more often and make all the extra delicious food that she makes for you all the time.

I’ve never done a marathon. The furthest distance I have run was 10 miles. I told myself afterwards, “never again,” but now I’m starting to look to doing that race again.

Congrats on the apartment. Now lets get to the juicy stuff…update on your dating life please?

Congrats on getting an apartment lady!!! And it’s so awesome that you’ll still be near family. I’m about 25 minutes away from my parents and I still feel like that’s too far sometimes.

Workout today: yoga!! Can’t wait ;-)

How exciting! I loved shopping for my apartment! I’ve been in the same place for nine years and I likely won’t move unless I buy my own place. I just have too much stuff! :) I hope there’s room for your treadmill and spin bike!

I always say I’m never running a race again, but a few days later I start looking for a new one!

Today will be a long walk. I went for a bike ride yesterday, so a walk is on the books for today. I am kind of off running for a bit due to an injury, so I’m focusing on cycling and swimming. I may have to try pool running!

Enjoy your day!

Eeee!!! I’m super happy for you, lady! :D I remember how good it felt to finally find a perfect place to live after looking for so long. And location was super important for me as well since I really didn’t want to be too far away from my family either.

CONGRATS on the apartment! You can totally do this all yourself – you’re a strong and amazing woman! And I totally had the post race blues after my marathon, I was so depressed the whole next week! I would do another but only if I had a group to train with, I can’t imagine doing it all alone!

We live in an apartment right now, but hopefully in the next 3-4 years we can afford to buy a house!

It’s going to be around 95 degrees today (with a heat index in the 100s) so the running group at work is going outside to run, of course. It will just be an easy 5.6 mile workout.

Congratulations to you and Brooke on the new place!!!

and to your dad!!

I just moved into a new house, but sometimes wish for the convenience of apartment living and pool access. ha!

Congrats on the apartment! I remember being on a wait list for a highly coveted place before I bought my house. The excitement of a new complex with lots of nearby friends and family can’t be beat!!!

I’m so happy for you and your sweet little girl!

Congrats on finding the perfect place! I have been renting the same apartment for 5 years…our lease has been month to month for over a year now when we decided to start looking for a house, but still haven’t made any progress on that.
Whenever a race gets really hard I swear I won’t run that distance again…and then within a few days I am ready to train again!

Congrats on the apartment and yay for a pool! Hopefully you get a beautiful fall to enjoy it in.

This post makes me smile for multiple reasons. I’m most excited for you and Brookers to have your own apartment that you love! You absolutely deserve it. :) Have fun with it, my friend.

Today is an RPM class day – should be nice and sweaty! ;)

I do get post race blues and found the best way to recover is signing up for another one right aways. Congrats on your apartment! I’ve owned a house for 13 yrs and it’s an amazing feeling. Moved from Tucson to Phoenix last year and moving really sucks!

I was traumatized after my first half marathon! I haven’t signed up for another one since… I am enthusiastic to run again, but have not gathered the guts to sign up yet!

I live in a house and really enjoy it. I plan to move only one more time in my life! Packing is such a pain!

Congratulations on your new apartment! So exciting! My husband and I own a house. I like it most of the time, just not when things break and it’s our responsibility to fix it :).

Stumbled upon your blog while looking around for fitness blogs. Wow! Inspiring! I am not a runner myself but I do run from time to time. Marathons scare me to death. I don’t think I can even run a 5K. Never tried. But really enjoyed browsing your site.

Ahh I love this!! That’s so exciting! And I had the exact same thoughts after my race in April…ready to sign up for another one!!

Being a college student, my life is very transient; from living in a dorm for 4 months then home then dorm again then home then apartment, I mean this goes on for four years! I can’t wait till I get the chance to have my own place that stays my place for more than a school year at a time haha!

Congratulations on your new apartment! How exciting! We have moved 5 times in the last 10 years with one more coming up in August. I’m hoping that will be the last for a while. Plus I’ll get to hang out with my favorite HRG every second! Oh ya! :)

I did another barre workout this morning! I can’t sit down or walk up the stairs very gracefully, but it hurts soooo good!

I am the opposite when it comes to signing up for races…I get gun shy. Honestly I’m not uber confident in my running skills, so I get nervous to pay for the race and totally commit. I’ve seriously almost signed up for the Disney half like 4 times. Someday!! :)

It’s 81 degrees in NYC today, withy a high expected of 88 degrees. I had to put the AC on full blast last night to get some sleep. This is June in New York. Are we in the same country?

When Jaxon and I moved out of my parents, and I remarried Kimball, it was super hard on my mom. She felt like Jaxon was her baby too. Happy for your good news, it’s probably best for you. Yes, each time I do a half, I wonder what I was thinking….until I cross tge finish line. It’s like having babies lol.

My workout today will be running 4 miles, les mills pump and yoga, gotta make up for missing yesterday. XO, Jess

Congrats on getting the new apartment! That is very exciting news!!! We just moved from an apartment to a rental house with a big backyard to accomodate our growing puppy. I love having the yard and more space.

Congrats on getting the apartment! That’s so exciting. I’m jealous it has a pool! I’m doing a Tone it Up workout tonight!

House…lol, in 21 years, we’ve moved 12 times! yikes!

Depending on the outcome of the race… But I love run too much and every time I tell myself I’m going to stop, I’m basically lying =)

Uncle Pete (pfitzinger) called for only 4 miles in my current marathon training. So I did 4 miles speed workout. 4×800, 4×400, 2×800, 4×100 (to cool down – striders).

Congratulations on the apartment! As a teacher, an apartment is perfect for me, and I have lived in the same apartment for four years. We also have a great pool, and I like that the gym is open 24 hours.

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!! I AM TICKLED FOR YOU! I know it is so hard !Selling my house after my divorce was the hardest and best thing I did for my “recovery” as I call it!

this is so exciting–congratulations!!!

i just moved into a new apartment and am loving it. :) it’ll be a good move for you, funny how things change so much in a year.

I live in a town home! The hubs and I just moved to Louisville, KY from Kansas City, MO. We’ve moved roughly every 13-14 months for the last 6 years. We’re hoping to stay here a couple years at least. :) congrats on finding a place!!! That’s super exciting!!

After I ran my PR half I felt burnt out on running, so I did other things for 6 weeks to get my endorphin fill before running sounded appealing again.

Yoga and strength training for me today! It is hot’n’humid out so I’m slightly happy I’m not supposed to run today. :)

Oh, I just want to cry for you-the pic of you after the race, you cannot even put your toes on the ground you are in so much pain!!

CONGATS on the apt! So exciting! You know what comes next? PUPPY!!

We own a house. We bought it young, and the first year we were so excited about all our ‘firsts’ (first time raking leaves, shoveling, planting flowers). Then we started to make some small mistakes and questioned what we where thinking buying a house! We started looking at condos, to sell our house and move to the city but we realized that was taking a step backwards and we need to suck it up and learn. 15 years later, still in our home and LOVE IT!

SHUT UP!! I’m SO happy for you!! That is the best news and I am incredibly proud of you. I know how hard this has been and you are doing a great job! It’s going to be really hard for you to leave Brooke with your mom and dad (ha!) but I totally get it! LOL
Actually, they’ll probably be camped on your doorstep.

I am in a house and love it…EXCEPT during winter when I have to shovel the snow in the driveway!!! I despise moving so do it very little…although there is something cleansing about purging the stuff you don’t want to move.

I am so freakin’ excited for you to move into your own place! A whole new fresh start that is yours! YAY!!!

I have to ask how you get through so many comments on a daily basis…it must take you hours! LOL

I have a townhome that I purchased when I got divorced in 2006 and I haven’t moved since. I totally need to move again. When I got divorced I only had one child. I had a second child a couple years after that even though I wasn’t married and didn’t ever marry my second childs father (super long story). So it is me and the two kids. Today is a short run and a hard bike ride. I should throw in some weights but we will see what I can fit in after work.

After the Provo half in 2013 (I left all fuel in the car and had nothing to eat the entire race) I swore I was only going to run 10k’s and shorter distances. Once all of the misery had gone away and telling myself that races are better with fuel, I signed up for another half. That is the only time in my running career (17 years) that I said I would never run again.

Here is a side note. Taking care of children by yourself for years takes it toll. Yesterday I did a trail run in the rain. I had mud splattered up my backside. It was fantastic. It was the first time in months that I have smiled on the inside and out.

That’s awesome that you’ve found an apartment, I hope everything with it goes great!!!

I’ve only experienced really bad post-race blues once and that was during a 5k. Not only did I go out too fast, but I got really sick during the race. I wanted to die and never run again for sure! My doctor told me that it was probably because I took some vitamins and other medicine in the morning before the race. Now I always take them after I run, and I haven’t gotten sick like that since. My stomach cramps went away too, so I guess it was actually a good thing I got that straightened out!

Can you please credit The Oatmeal for your first graphic? It’s from his hilarious new book about running.

Congrats on the new place!

It is linked when you click the pic! Thanks Adrienne!

How exciting! It’ll be so fun to have a pool so close!

That is so exciting – Congrats! It seems like you have such a nice gig at home – you could go to the gym early and leave Brooke with your parents. BUT I know how great it will be for you to have independence. :) I wish you all the best!

I live in townhouse now but fingers crossed am hoping to move to a house soon!

That is so awesome you found a place!! I can’t wait to see pics once you move in

My husband and I rent a townhouse right now. We would love to purchase a house of our own, but aren’t 100 percent committed on the town we live in. Before the townhouse, we lived in an apartment, but now loved the extra space!

We try not to move too often since it’s such a pain, but since my junior year in college, I’ve lived in three different apartments/townhomes. Thankfully, my parents are just an hour and a half away, so moving becomes much easier with their help!

YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!!!! SOOOOO excited about you and Brooke’s new place!!!!!

Congrats on the new place! That’s so awesome for you. I think it’s so great how well you’ve moved on with your life after the divorce. Good luck with the move!

Congrats on finding a new apartment! That’s awesome that you have friends that live in that same complex and you’re not too far away from your family. I live in an apartment in the city. It’s very small and cozy but I love the location since it’s in walking distance from a lot of places that I go to.

Congrats on finding a new place, that’s so exciting! Good luck with the move, I moved from America back to England this year and have moved countries twice and many, many houses, so I’m very happy to be settled in a nice little house! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Can you tell us about your Dad’s exciting news??? And yay I’m so happy for you! you’re absolutely right–location is everything! So glad you’ll still be close to your family :D Thank you for sharing your good news with us Janae!

Congrats on the apartment!! That’s so exciting! :)

My workout today was a shot at “Murph” (a really tough Crossfit workout)…It’s a one mile run, followed by 100 pullups + 200 pushups + 300 squats, finished with another one mile run. I scaled it back and only did half the number of pushups/pullups/squats (kept both mile runs though), and it was still REALLY tough!

Congrats on finding a place to live!! That’s really exciting. I’m so happy for you.

I get pre & post race blues! Pre the couple days before when I don’t run and post for the same reason!
I had a horrible run a year ago at the Bear Lake half marathon and swore I would never ever do it agin. Did it on Saturday and placed 3rd overall female. :)
Hope your feet are healing… they looked painful!!

Congratulations on the new place, and your marathon! Truly enjoy reading about your running – I also love to run, and you definitely inspire me.
As a reader I love when you share about your personal struggles/achievements. Obviously there are many things you cannot share on your blog, but what you do share is so very real and I find so relatable – especially the tough parts. This is why I enjoy your blog so much and look forward to reading everyday. So, thank you!

Workouts for today: Taught CXWORX at the gym and ran 3 miles on the treadmill. My last full marathon was two years ago. I threw up at the finish and hated every minute. A few weeks ago I watched two friends run a marathon and signed up for one the next day. Why does that happen?!?! Mine is in October and I’m following an 18 week training program. :)

Really excited for you and the new apartment!

You’re amazing Janae! I would have definitely crawled under a rock and slept for that 12 straight years! ps, your shorts are adorable, are they Oiselle? Now I need a pair!

And congrats on the move! I know how great it has been living with your parents while you get your ducks in a row and I’m so glad that you’re in a place now where you and Brooke can conquer the world :) And yay pool time!

How are you feet feeling?

That IS WONDERFUL news!! Congrats Janae (& Brooke!)!! So happy for you girls. Life is really turning in the right direction for you both. I’m so thrilled for you!

While I have no experience with either event, I imagine running a marathon to be similar to giving birth–extremely difficult and painful but so worth it in the end that people continue to do it again and again.

Congratulations on getting the new place!!! I can’t wait to see what you get to decorate – I always love going to Target and Home Goods for cute stuff haha.

Living in a house with far too small a yard for 4 kids. Just waiting to upgrade. Get the post race regrets all the time. “If only I had trained like I wanted to…” Pretty much every race these days. I always have good intentions but with 4 busy kids its hard to stay motivated and get it all in. But I am determined to pr at st George this year. 22 miles this morning- 18.5 in trail and another 3.5 pushing the babe to get if all in before swim lessons. So relieved to get that in 2.5 weeks before my first ultra, in Switzerland. And then my focus shifts and its time to get serious for st George.

Janae, So exciting that you found a place that you love! Good luck with the move. And I am totally doing the same thing — looking for upcoming races. Hahaha, last weekend I swore I would never do this again. Runners are nuts.

Today is leg day! I’m hoping to get to the gym before it gets ridiculously busy. It’s currently 85* and sunny so I’m crossing my fingers for a quiet gym.
We live in a house in a subdivision. There are about 10 kids on our little street alone! It’s great, they all play outside together.

I definitely got the post-race blues after my first marathon. I really think it was kinda like a post-pardom depression. But I got over it and signed up for another one that fall :)

I remember you mentioning your forced smile at the finish line because of your blisters. When I looked at the pic, I can see you trying to keep the front of your feet up… hopefully those little puppies are healing!

Today was a yoga for athletes class. I love this one because it really forces me to focus on my hamstrings/hips/shoulders etc.

So exciting to be moving into your own place! Such a positive step for you both I’m sure :) I live in a townhouse, in Greenwich, UK–it’s a small village right outside London and has some amazing runs along the river Thanes and in the park. I pass the prime meridian line around mile 2 of my usual route!

I’m training for a sub-50 10k, but had a minor injury so today was my first day back running in a week. I just did a 3.5 mile tempo and at when I felt like stopping I thought “Janae finished her marathon, you can finish this!” Thanks for being an inspiration.

Super duper excited for you and Brooke! Imagine how awesome it will feel to have a new place with brand new memories. :)

I can’t tell you how much you and your sister inspired me on Sunday when I was struggling through the last few miles of my marathon. It was pouring down rain and I was super tired and thirsty. I kept thinking about your pain and then you amazing sister running in jeans and flip flops! I’ve been telling all my friends about it!!! You rock :)

so you mean i can come visit your new apartment? blend 2015!! haha

I never comment on posts, but this made me smile. Congrats! You are awesome.

Congrats on the apartment!

Congrats so much on the apartment! I am so happy for you!

Ok, you need to come to Dallas and do either the Dallas Marathon in December or the Rock and Roll in late March! I plan on doing the Half marathons for both of them!

I plan on doing some elliptical work tonight…while watching Married To Medicine. Don’t judge me…….

Yay! Congrats on the new place!! So exciting!!! :-)

I live in a house, but my apartment pre-marriage is still one fond memory.
Enjoy your new place!!

Congrats on the new pad! That will be so fun to decorate and have a place that is yours.

I had to tell you that I started a new job today and I got out bed insanely early this morning to go for a run. I have never done that before (I usually just make exvuses not to), but I’ve been reading your blog for a couple months and today I decided that it’s what you would do, so I should too. You’re also exactly one day older than me so I feel like we’re twins even though you don’t know me…so thank you for the motivation to start my new job out on a good foot, twin who is a stranger :).

Yay! For your new apartment. That’s a big deal! So cool.

Congratulations! That is such a huge step…and so perfect that you got the news following the emotional race! Happy for you!

Congrats on your apartment! I am very happy for you. We forget about race pain like we forget the pain of childbirth, I guess. That Oatmeal comic is in Runners World this month and it’s gone running community viral! Love it!
So… What app are you using to count down to your marathon?

I just moved out of a townhouse style condo to move back in with my parents. I loved my condo. Living with my parents is okay because I get to see my niece a lot.

How are your feet? I am curious to see how you bounce back from your blisters.

Even though races are hard sometimes, I think the reason we have ‘bad-race amnesia’ is because there aren’t many things that mimic crossing the finish line…whether you struggled to get there or not.

My second half marathon two weeks ago was H-A-R-D. But I’m already contemplating my next one!

CONGRATS ON THE APARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s so exciting!! Congrats on the new place.

I live in an apartment – the only choice in NYC, but I have to admit I’ve been daydreaming of a house in the suburbs. I miss having a yard, and trees, and I want a garden! HGTV has become my obesssion

Congratulations on your new place!!! I live in a house and hope we don’t have to move for a loooooong time (or ever). Moving is so much work… yet it’s worth it to have a place to call “home”.

I do get the post-race blues! It’s like a less-extreme version of the postpartum baby blues! After each race, I find myself researching the next one. Not sure why, I do think it’s because I love having specific goals and having a daily focus for training is great.

I’m at my parents’ house! But I’m really just “extended house sitting,” because they live abroad. Yeah it’s a weird situation :)

Again congrats on the marathon! I have the opposite of post race blues! During the race when I’m hurting so badly I’m always like “oh man I’m gonna kill it in the next one!!!”

This morning my workout was blahhhhh. I ran at 6am and it was already SO HOTTT. I’m not ready for this.

Congrats on the new apartment, that is so exciting! I love when a place/decision just feels right, it’s the best feeling and it is SO satisfying when down the road it turns out your gut was right too :)

So exciting! We lived in a townhouse for years with our sons so we could afford for me to stay home we’ve been living in our new to us house for 4 years now good thing because now we are a fam of 5.
After my races I’m always the opposite and want to sign up for another immediately! Except I haven’t done a full yet. Getting scared to this fall!

I think Creed from the office photo bombed your picture at the race…

Congrats on the new place!!

Congrats on your new apartment!! So excited for you and Brooke :)

I got very down after my first marathon. I didn’t even want to go to work and felt like I had nothing to look forward to anymore. It was awful!
Luckily that was just after my first marathon. Now as long as I have another race on the calendar, I don’t get as obsessed with just one race.

Instead of running to the vending machine for M&M’s oor a bag
of accomplishments for a resume chips, youu
can set the next bigger goal such as maqking $200, $300, $600 and even $1000 in just one place in your ads.
Over the course of your tomorrow. Follow them on Facebook and Twitter to
get up to date on the correct time of day then you will have no onne left in your
team to lead.

Congrats!

I really miss racing. Its seriously the best feeling afterwards. It makes me sad I can’t find any races in Western China….

Congrats on the new place! I’m in Utah County and always looking for new places to eat, (especially breakfast) where is this place? I feel opposite almost like pre race blues. About 2 weeks before and even on race day I almost regret even signing up clear up until the race starts. At Utah Valley I honestly wanted to just call my husband to pick me up. Then during the whole race and after I can’t believe I felt that way and can’t wait to sign up for another.

Post writing is also a fun, if you know afterward
you can write if not it is complex to write.

It’s so easy to forget the pain that happens during races! Congrats on the new place!!!! I love breakfast for dinner :)

It is funny how are bodies work as i recently had a really tough run (not as long as yours) and during it was really craashing. I then got over the finish line had something to eat, told my friends that we had to this again!!!
Congratulations on getting a place to live that you love. It is lovely to see things coming together for you after such a hard time. You an inspiration to many including me.

Congratulations on the apartment! I smiled right when I saw the “I swear I will never do this again… etc” because that happened to me the first time I ran a marathon (and I assume it’ll happen many times after. Right after OBX I made a promise to myself that I’d never run another road marathon. Lo and behold I trained for the same race the next year (although I got injured), and now I’m currently training for Naperville in November! Hopefully I won’t get (seriously) injured this time around.

After taking a few days off for some shin pain, I’ve got a nice 5 miler today and a long run on Sunday before ramping up again. We’ll see how it goes!

We live in a house in the best neighborhood ever. Our neighbors are all so sweet and caring. It’s amazing.

I usually get sad after races because it’s over, not because I never want to race again. That only happens after a 5k because those are the worst races ever.

Congratulations on the apartment! Such a great step! You will adjust wonderfully, don’t worry. The very next day after my disappointing spring half marathon and I was ready to start training for my fall 26.2. We learn what we did wrong and have hope that everything can go right the next time. That is true for so many things. I love your blog. Never stop writing.

I am beyond excited for you on your new place. You are so strong and inspiring moving forward in your life with the cutest side kick ever!!
Live in a townhouse with a huge backyard deck that we live on in the summer.
During every race I say to myself ‘ once I get over that finish line I’m never doing this again’ I cross the line and 30 mins later tell my family and friends what race I want to do next. Runners are SO crazy and I love that!!

Congrats on a new place! I live in a cool apartment downtown, just under a mile from work…….super convenient, I hardly ever have to drive and if we get crazy ice or snow I can still make it in to feed the penguins!

I usually get excited for the next race right away, but the week after the race I sometimes lose my eagerness to run…………after a few days rest I am ready to go again!

Heater on there? Weird. It is 98 degrees (ha, temp, not the boy band!) here with lots of humidity………makes running 5 miles feel like a marathon!