On Saturday I was getting down on myself during our long run because of the 8 miles that we were doing at marathon goal race pace. I kept thinking… I can barely keep this pace for 8 miles… AND I THINK I WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT FOR 26 MILES IN JUST 6 WEEKS!?!? I thought for sure I must be crazy to believe that my marathon goal pace is even close to possible for an entire marathon and I started to rethink my goals.
Good news for me/you/anyone else that stresses out about not being able to think you can keep up goal race pace for a marathon:
Take some time to read THIS ARTICLE!!! If your goal pace seems easy/doable during training and you feel like you could hold that pace forever, time to make a more intense goal:)
There are things like the taper (fresh legs), your glycogen stores being full (because you have been tapering and carb loading) and the adrenaline/course support on race day that will help you to run at that goal pace for 26.2 miles! No more worrying, you’ve got this!
Some things you probably didn’t want to know about but I am just going to tell you anyways:
1. Still in sweat pants/pajamas at 4:49 pm yesterday. Keeping it classy.
2. Paige got a beautiful new road bike and I love her trainer set-up at her house. Mom of two very busy little ones and finding ways to get in exercise. I love it!
3. The absolute best dry shampoo and dry CONDITIONER you will ever find in this world.
4. When I tell Brooke that we are going to say prayer she folds her arms right away. It is adorable.
Yes, the santa pajamas are still being worn once a week. I can’t help it.
5. I got out for a run this morning. 7 miles @ 8:20 pace. Quad not 100% but feeling good enough to run on it, I mean I did take THREE WHOLE DAYS OFF.
6. An app to find the best doughnuts in your area. Now that is a million dollar idea.
7. Baby flip-flops. One of the cutest things ever.
8. If you are looking for the World’s Best PB Bars recipe you don’t have to keep looking because I found it for you. I finally smuggled (probably not the right word) my friend’s recipe. THESE are the best.
8. I just found a restaurant where they come make the guacamole at your table. I have no words.
Busy people reading—> how do you make/find time to fit in your workouts!! (Share, share, share because I am sure it will help someone reading)!
Most used app on your phone?
Peeps training for a marathon—> What is your marathon goal pace!?!
WHAT WAS YOUR RUN TODAY!? With music? With friends? On the road or trails?