I told you I would give you some details about dating in my Top 10 favorite things about being single post so here ya go…
I started dating in December. Why? Every person and every situation is so different but for me I felt like I should at that time and the people in my life that knew what my situation had been and what I had been through completely supported me in this decision. Some reasons I felt like dating again…
1. It got me out of my basement. Most of my friends are married and they hang out with their spouses at night… I needed to get out and do things because I was going nuts. Brooke was going to bed at 7 every night and I just needed to be out and distracted.
2. It helped me to move on and to realize that there are a lot of really really really amazing people out there.
3. I was in desperate need at that time to just laugh and smile, to build some confidence and to go do new things.
So far, so good. At first it felt really weird (for obvious reasons… um I was with the same person for 6 years and never thought in a million years that I would be dating again) but like I said before, what happened in the past now just feels like it was a bad dream and not even real so dating is just my new normal now.
I had one extremely strange dating experience a few months ago but other than that I have gone on some really fun dates and have gotten to know some really great people. I love the excitement that comes with going out on a date and getting dressed up (and actually washing my hair on a regular basis). I am beyond awkward in big group activities with single people for some reason but when I am on just a normal date I feel like I can be myself. I don’t know why the big group things intimidate me so much but I think I am getting more normal at them… hopefully?! Who knows.
When I first even entertained the idea of dating again I was really worried that people would see me as having a lot of baggage because of what I had been through. A good guy friend of mine wrote this to me and it changed my perspective on my situation:
“Your situation simply provides an opportunity for someone else to have one of their dreams fulfilled… Finding you. That person will embrace your situation with no hesitations.”
That made me feel a lot better.
I have the best set-up by living at home because I am still able to put Brooke to bed at night and then go out on dates because I just give my mom the monitor before I leave. I kind of love it here.
I am happy exactly where I am and that feels really good.
And 5 random things about my Sunday.
1. I picked up this salad on Saturday to eat for lunch on Sunday but I actually ended up eating it for breakfast instead. I couldn’t wait a moment longer to dig in. Nothing like some bleu cheese crumbles first thing in the morning.
2. I teach the 7 year olds at church. I found out today that all it took was one chocolate egg per child to keep them perfectly behaved for an entire one hour class. The things that humans will do for chocolate.
3. My nephew refused to turn around for this picture.
4. I burned my forehead pretty good. Don’t text and curl your hair at the same time. Bad things happen.
5. My sister didn’t have her kiddos for Easter so we celebrated yesterday instead. I made sure to eat the little chocolate eggs of heaven while the baskets were being constructed. PS it is a really good idea to do the baskets the week after Easter because all of the candy was 75% off.
Any funny/cute/whatever you want stories about dating to share? I would LOVE to read them!
People in relationships… how did you guys meet?
Ever burned yourself with a curling iron/straightening iron? (Yes, I am looking for people to help me feel like this is a common occurrence so I don’t think I am the only one).
Rate your weekend on a scale from 1-10!!!