10 Highlights from my Tuesday.
1. My sister came over and begged me to go trail running with her yesterday. I told her yes (so she wouldn’t be alone on the trails) as long as we went as slow as possible because I had already done speed in the morning. 17.5 total miles for yesterday = I was in bed by 8:30 pm. Seriously.
When we got to the trailhead I found my sister in this position. There was a shot from the shooting range a little ways away. Her reflexes are pretty speedy and my reflexes to take a picture are pretty speedy too (blogging for 3.5 years will do that to ya).
I will never tire of these mountains or tire of running with my sister. We have been running together for 16 years now, I can blame her 100% for my addiction.
2. She also somehow talked me into making my famous chocolate chip cookies for a party that she went to last night. Okay, it didn’t take much convincing at all especially when she mentioned that we would watch the Mindy Project while we baked.
3. I had an errand to do at my old college and I made sure to show Brooke all of my favorite places on campus and tell her all about my glory days while we were there.
4. A really good friend of mine had us come in to DP Cheesesteaks to try their beyond delicious cheesesteaks. We will be back. Look at me eating at restaurants other than just Cafe Rio, I am really becoming cultured.
5. I had the best grapefruit of my life yesterday. Not too sour and perfectly sweet. I almost considered doing an entire blog post just about this one grapefruit because it left such a big impression on me.
6. Getting this text from my brother. I am guessing he tried it.
The sad thing is, I really do think I would like it.
7. I realized I have just 53 days until my marathon.
Highlight for two reasons—> 1. I am strangely excited to run 26.2 miles because I haven’t in a very long time and 2. I am excited to not be training for a marathon so I can sleep in until 7… that is until I decide which fall marathon I want to do and then start training for that one. I am pretty sure I could still sleep in until 10 everyday if I could.. that is what I used to do when I was a teacher and had the summers off.
8. I saw this. Running clothes are just soooo much more comfortable.
9. Reading all of the incredible Boston Marathon recaps and articles about the day. You guys are absolutely amazing.
I have to be there in 2015. RACE ENVY is real:)
Loved this article:
10. Took the Brookers to get an ice cream cone… I won’t have her this weekend and so I am already getting in a million fun things together before she leaves.
How long does it take you to fall asleep at night? Ever had a time in your life that took you forever to fall asleep?
-It typically takes me less than 4 minutes to fall asleep lately. When I first moved back to Utah it took me FOREVER to fall asleep.
What would be your ideal time to sleep in until everyday?
Are you in pajamas, running clothes or real people clothes right now? Are you in running clothes a lot or do you change right when you get home?
HIGHLIGHT FROM YOUR DAY TODAY!?!?