We are already missing eating snow cones at the park in Arizona with Brooke’s cousins (don’t tell Brooke that snow cones come with different flavors… I really didn’t want red/orange/green/blue syrup all over her shirt and she was quite content with a cup full of plain shaved ice).
We’ll be back soon Arizona (probably April… seriously). I am kind of a nomad now and can’t stay in one place for too long so I like going as many places as possible.
I went out to run later on than normal this morning and paid for it. By the end of my run I wanted to jump in this duck pond to cool off. Instead I just went home and took a cold shower.
8 miles total. First 4 miles out at an 8:30 pace and then on the way back I did 14 x 1 minute pick-ups with 1 minute recoveries after each pick-up. For me this morning my pick-up pace = 6:00ish minute mile pace and recovery pace= 8:00ish minute mile pace. If you are bored with your running you really need to throw some pick-ups in because they make the time fly by.
Running in different places is one of my favorite things ever. In about two weeks I will be running around Thailand (not alone, don’t worry) and I can’t wait. This morning I was thinking about the top 10 places that I want to run or races that I want to do.
In no particular order I will run in these different races/places at some point in the next 60 years:
1. Great Wall Marathon, China (actually this really is my #1, I have been wanting to do this one forever and I will do it)
2. Boston Marathon 2015 (my runner friends and I are all planning to go together next year)
3. The Athens Marathon
4. The Paris Marathon (I will use croissants as my running fuel throughout the race).
5. Chicago Marathon… flat, fast course in a new city… yes, please.
7. Big Sur International Marathon (I totally should have done this one when I lived right by it but now I’ll just do it one of these times that Brooke goes to California).
8. I want to run all over Portugal. I have a friend that just went there (and I have a brother that lived there for 2 years and I was very jealous) and the pictures were incredible. I would really love to go there for a few weeks and run all over the place.
10. Machu Picchu (the Inca Trail Marathon would be pretty sweet). A different brother lived in Peru for a little while and so I am sure that he would come with me.
The one race I really don’t want to do… the North Pole Marathon. I would freeze to death.
I think we can all agree that runcations are the best type of vacations. Who needs to save money when you can just spend money traveling and running races!?!?!
Goodbye to my tradition of late night bowls of ice cream with my sis-in-law while talking on the couch. Sure glad she is in my family.
My arteries are probably thanking me that this tradition has come to an end.
And a cute picture of my niece when she fell asleep on me the other night.
Tell me the top three races or places that you want to run?
If you aren’t a runner, tell me about the top three places that you REALLY want to visit.
Has anyone done any of the races on my list… tell me about them please!
Favorite late night snack and/or dessert?