First, I got really excited this morning when I realized that I only have 6 more weeks until I go to Thailand. My body and soul are excited to finally have sunlight in my life for the first time since September. I also can’t wait for the food. Can’t wait.
Today was an easy 8 miles on my treadmill at home and weights.
While running I had a random memory:
Once upon a time (about 10 years ago) when my sister lived in New Mexico I went down and visited her. I forgot my headphones and I was way too cheap to go get a new pair so I did the next best thing… I forced my sister to share her headphones with me for all of our runs while I was there. Two girls + one pair of headphones + running around town = we got a lot of weird stares from people. We had to run really close to each other to make it so that we could each have one earbud in our ear. Heaven forbid we went without music back then. We were/are ridiculous.
After the workout I went on a cleaning and organizing frenzy and then Paige came and picked us up to go drive-thru Subway and eat it in the car because we are super classy like that. It is just so much easier to eat when the kiddos are in the carseats:)
A little hello from the Brookers.
And just FYI Brooke and I have both been loving Red Delicious apples with peanut butter lately. Brooke holds onto her apples with an incredibly tight grip, these apples are her current favorite food right now.
Here on HRG we always talk about all of the really great things that happen during a run: The endorphins, the stress relief, feeling stronger, the getting faster part, the good conversations with your running friends but today we are going the opposite direction. Let’s talk about the things that can go wrong during a run.
This little clip inspired this discussion:
The video summed up a lot of the worst things that can happen during a run but here is my list. All things that have happened to me before while running—>
1. Chaffing. I wore a pair of shorts the other day that completely chaffed the front side of my right leg. My leg still hurts (please note that I
have the lowest pain tolerance in the history of the world. For example- I wanted my doctor to give me a continual epidural starting when I was 5 months pregnant).
2. Dropping your phone and/or iPod or any other really expensive thing while running. I have only cracked a few iPhone screens by doing this.
3. The runny nose. My nose goes into shock and it ALWAYS runs when I am running.
4. Having to use the restroom when you are really far from any.
5. SIDE STITCHES. Cramping anywhere. It kind of takes my breath away from me when it happens.
6. Hitting the wall/your legs feeling like cement/feeling like laying in the gutter may be your best option. Whenever this happens, I always remember this quote:
7. Getting lost. I don’t even want to tell you how many times this has happened to me when I go running while traveling (I have decided I will only be running on a treadmill when I am in Thailand because I really don’t want to get lost when I am there).
8. Getting a ginormous blister on your foot when you are still really far from home.
9. Your treadmill stopping because it hit the time limit or the safety cord fell off and you have no idea how far you had gone. You then have to start the treadmill again after your legs now know the feeling of how nice it is to stop.
10. And the worst of all, falling on the ice and hitting your head really hard. (1/13/2014)
Even after all of these things that can and do happen when running… We all still love it and are kind of addicted to it.
Tell me what some of the WORST things that have happened while running? Or things that you are very worried about happening when you are out for a run?
I love stories so please share them with us:)