First of all… I have gotten some questions about where some of my boots and my purse are from.
Remember when Brooke was this small….
1. ‘Troopa’ Boots!
2. The newer version of my tall boots that I bought 6 years ago…. HERE!!
3. My purse is from HERE!! (I like to refer to this purchase as ‘the time I was going through heck and thought that spending a large amount of money on a bag would make me feel better… and it did… and it still does.” I do think that spending good money on a bag is okay because you use it EVERY single day).
My whole family (including my cousins, aunt and Mer) came over last night to celebrate Thanksgiving. My parents and I will be in Northern California for Thanksgiving so we thought we should do something last night with everyone before we leave.
Brooke woke up from her nap in a very grumpy mood. She has gotten good at the pouty lip.
I swear they are twins that are just 7 years apart (ps that is how far apart me and my sis are so that makes me happy).
What… you don’t have taco soup and cornbread when you celebrate Thanksgiving?!?
My Mom’s Taco Soup:
1 lb ground beef
1 large onion-chopped
1 28-oz. can crushed or chopped tomatoes
1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
1 15-oz. can corn, undrained
1 15-oz. can kidney beans, undrained
2 14-oz. cans pinto beans, undrained
1 envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 envelope (or 2 tbsp) dry taco seasoning
1. Brown beef and onion in skillet. drain.
2. Put all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
3. Garnish individual servings with tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream.
What our family looks like after we eat large meals.
My aunt gave me the best back massage ever.
And of course some desserts made an appearance.
PS I think my parents really like being grandparents.
Where will you be celebrating Thanksgiving this year?
What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to the most?
What was your Sunday night dinner?
How far apart in age are you and your siblings?
-5 years, 7 years, 10 years and 12 years.