Daylight savings messed up our perfect schedule that the Brookers and I had so she woke up a little bit before I got home from my run this morning. My mom said that when Brooke came upstairs she insisted on watching out the window for me to come up the hill.
Gotta love morning hair.
Today I got my legs moving again. I am glad I have learned over time to slowly ease back into training after a hard race. There is no rush. Let your body recover because it takes longer than you think it will to get it back to normal. Give it time.
Progression run—> 8, 8, 7:50, 7:50, 7:25, 7:25, 7, 7:45 —-> 8 miles total.
It was 29 degrees during my run. Look forward to tomorrow’s post because it is all about how to keep your training going strong during the winter months. Don’t let something like ‘almost freezing to death’ keep you from running.
Time for some randomness:
1. My dad brought me this file this morning. It says, “Pictures purchased from Janae when she was selling them outside her door in St. George– I was her only customer.”
Back in the good old days I would set up a little art booth outside of my bedroom door and sell my paintings. My dad is not exaggerating, he was my only customer (please note that 7 people lived in the house at that time. I may still be a little mad at them).
It makes me so happy that he has kept them for over 20 years.
2. How to perfect your chocolate chip cookie exactly the way that you want it. I have always wondered how each ingredient changes the cookie. I prefer the kind labeled with ‘more flour.’ What about you?
3. While we are talking about sugar… My good friend from Germany sent me all of the best German candies. German candy + Parenthood + my couch + the softest blanket in the world = my night from here on out.
4. CURLY IS 5 YEARS OLD TODAY!?!?!?!
Picture from Christmas 2012. She is quite the dancer.
Bffs for life.
5. I really could live off of our grocery store’s salad bar.
6. And 7-11 hot chocolate (because they have little marshmallows).
7. Those are snowflakes in Brooke’s hair. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Who has a November birthday? What day?
Does it snow a lot, a little or not at all where you live?
How do you prefer your chocolate chip cookie?
What was your run today?