Yep, still working on the recap:) I am sure someday I will post it.
For now here are 10 things that I learned at Ragnar
1. You will become best friends with the people on your team. These are our hardcore faces with our matching tanks. I only knew two of the guys on my team before the race but by the end we were all the best of friends and my abs hurt from laughing so hard with them.
That just kind of happens when you live in a bus with people for a little while.
2. People get REALLY into the whole Ragnar thing… like to the point that they shave their head to make the Ragnar sign on it.
3. My hair on the other hand became one huge rats nest. Do you see that huge lump in the middle of my hair shadow? I noticed the rats nest in my shadow when I was trying to stretch out my hamstrings. That snarl took forever to get out. I learned that you should try to have some hygiene over the course of Ragnar and maybe try brushing your hair out at some point.
4. It costs a lot of money to fill up a 15 passenger van with gas. This is one of my teammates staring in unbelief at the price.
5. The exchanges are really fun. Our team always tried to do something fun to pass off the bracelet to the next runner.
A little leapfrog action.
6. Bagels are your best friend. I had no idea what to eat in between each leg because I have to keep what I eat super simple before I run to avoid getting stomach cramps but the bagels worked like magic. I ate a lot of them.
7. PRO Compression arm sleeves are my absolute favorite. I wore them for my 3rd leg when it was cold outside but not cold enough for a jacket and they worked perfectly at keeping me warm and super comfortable.
8. This one goes along with the above picture. Headbands are lifesavers. I wore one the entire time. Ziplock bags are also lifesavers. They are the perfect way to organize your different outfits and then you put them right back in the bag after you run along with a dryer sheet and it helps the van smell soooo much better when everybody does that.
9. NOTHING in the world will taste better than pizza after you finish a Ragnar. Nothing.
They gave out two boxes per team, I was beyond excited.
10. Sleeping in your own bed and then cuddling with Brooke all morning after being away for a few nights is actually the best thing in the entire world.
Hope you are loving your Sunday!