I didn’t take one picture yesterday. That is probably the first time since the very beginning of my blog that that has happened. Weird. Hopefully Brooke isn’t mad at me in the future for not documenting every second of her life on June 23rd, 2013.
Two races are officially on the agenda and I couldn’t be more thrilled (remind me that I was once excited to race a 10k when I am wanting to pass out during mile 5).
My first 10k ever. I will be guaranteed a pr if I finish:) I am stoked for THIS 10k because Santa Cruz is gorgeous and it is on the 4th of July so I guarantee it will be awesome.
You can get a $5 discount by entering in the promo code: hrgirl5 at checkout.
And in August I will be running Summer Breeze 1/2 Marathon!!! I have done a Brazen race before and they put on the BEST races! Added bonus: you run along the water for the majority of the race. This race is selling out FAST so hurry and sign up now if you are interested.
Another amazing thing they have going on is called REMOTE RACING and it is a program they are just getting started for all of their races. It’s great for people who can’t get out to races but want to set a goal and reach it, get the shirt and medal, etc. and run in spirit with their buddies — they have remote runners all over the country and even in other countries and places like army bases in Afghanistan!
I thought it would be fun to list my top 3 favorite things of random categories. Let’s get started.
All-time Favorite Running Shoes:
1. Brooks PureFlow 2s
2. Brooks PureFlows
3. Saucony Kinvara 4s
Favorite running songs:
1. Can’t Hold Us- Ryan Macklemore & Lewis
2. All I ever Wanted- Base Hunters
3. 300 Violin Orchestra- Jorge Quintero
Favorite singers/bands to listen to when I’m not running:
1. Regina Spektor
2. Sarah McLachlan (don’t make fun of me)
3. Death Cab for Cutie
Top 3 favorite races:
2. Top of Utah Marathon (my marathon pr)
3 FAVORITE desserts:
1. Brownie sundae with hot fudge, caramel, whipped cream, and some sort of chocolatey candy crumbs for garnish.
2. Chocolate and or banana cream pie. Actually, I change this one to donuts. Apple Fritters.
3. The A to Z cookie I had in Arizona and some ice cream with it.
3 FAVORITE foods:
1. My mom’s lasagna. (I could eat this every day of my life)
2. Any and all seafood (minus catfish)
3. Pizza. BBQ chicken with bacon pizza to be exact.
Favorite store to buy clothes:
1. J CREW
3. Nordstrom (BP, I can’t afford the other stuff:)
Favorite TV Shows:
2. Biggest Loser and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition
Top 3 Favorite Running Mantras:
1. Pain is temporary, quitting is forever.
2. I CAN and I WILL.
3. Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going. -Jillian Michaels
What is the next race on your agenda? Anyone racing on the 4th of July?
Fill in one (or a few, or all) of the top 3 lists with your answers!!!