I am taking a few days off from running since I raced hard and I tend to get injured if I jump back into things too quickly so today’s workout revolved around the dreaded stair climber (and elliptical). I did 10 minutes on the stair climber (each time I wanted to pass out because that thing is so hard) and then 10 minutes on the elliptical for a total of 60 minutes. I didn’t even get bored. It was a miracle.
Just ONE more picture from Saturday’s race with my biggest cheerleader. I really think she did start cheering for me in the final stretch.. I could hear her.
A few people asked about what I use when I race so I thought today would be a great time to show you.
1. The most important thing are my Brooks PureFlow 2s. I don’t know what I did before these babies.
2. I use PRO Compression low socks.
3. My favorite Brooks running shorts.
5. JayBird Blue Buds X for my headphones.
6. Oakley Commit sunglasses.
7. A random black head band that I have no idea where I got it from.
8. THIS lululemon top.
9. The Garmin 305. I have had this watch for over 5 years and it still works perfectly… and it has been used a lot!
Look what I found in my parent’s garage:
My old beautiful spin bike. We didn’t have enough room to move it in the POD and Billy was going to come back and drive it back to California along with a bunch of other stuff the first week we lived in California but Brooke decided to come hang out with us earlier than expected so it is still in the garage.
I wonder if Southwest will let it count as one of my ‘checked bags’ for when I fly home tomorrow.
Last but not least, Brooke’s awesome morning hair.
What is some of your MUST HAVE gear/shoes/gadgets for when you do a race?
Garmin users: How long have you had yours? Which kind?
Do you ever use the stair climber?