You know when you put on a pair of jeans that you haven’t worn for months and when you reach in the pocket you find mula and you almost pass out from excitement?
I experienced something better than that. After doing laundry, I was putting Billy’s running clothes away and BOOM… I found my absolute favorite pair of running shoes that I thought for sure I had lost since I hadn’t seen them in 6 full months. I thought I must have lost them in the move but no, they were safely tucked away in Billy’s drawer. I have worn them everyday since (TMI).
The rest of our Sunday will be spent watching the 49ers WIN (hopefully), eating chinese food with my cousin, aunt and uncle and eating these during the game.
It has been 8 months since I last taught school and I have really been missing giving out quizzes to my students (muhahah) so I decided to give you a quiz. PLEASE DO NOT GOOGLE the answers if you are going to leave a comment answering them (I miss giving quizzes not dealing with kids cheating on their quiz;)
These stats are from 2012 (unless noted otherwise) and I will post all of the answers in tomorrows post along with the sources.
1. What percent of the US population has run a marathon?
2. Total number of US marathons held annually?
3. Total fee for the New York City Marathon?
4. How many US females finished a road race in 2011?
(b) 7 million
(c) 3 million
(d) 10 million
5. Average number of sneakers a marathon runner goes through during training?
6. Average number of calories a woman burns during a marathon?
7. Average cost to run a marathon?
8. Average number of miles ran per week during marathon training?
(a) 40 miles
9. At the 1960 Rome Olympics what was the longest distance that women were allowed to run?
(a) 400 meters
(b) 800 meters
(c) 1600 meters
(d) 3200 meters
10. Average age of Female 1/2 marathon finishers in 2011?
If you don’t want to take the quiz I still have questions for you:)
FAVORITE running/workout shorts? Color? Brand?
Anyone else watching football today? Favorite football watching snacks? Who are you routing for?