NIKI MARTINS PHOTOGRAPHY just posted more of Brooke’s pictures and so I just had to put up two more. I have already researched how to turn these photos into wallpaper and told Billy he needs to wallpaper our entire house with them.
Counting down the days until she is old enough to wear the best friend forever necklace that I got for us.
I wanted to show you that it was SO COLD this morning that I was forced to wear my running tights (Under Armour) for the first time this year. Now I know my skin has turned Californian because all of the other runners out had shorts on while I was shivering..
Today’s run hurt in so many ways.
I headed up MY canyon but for some reason my whole body hurt. I think the reasons for this were:
1. I was crazy thirsty (breastfeeding requires drinking 58 water bottles a day I am pretty sure).
2. I got a side stitch (strange because that never happens to me).
3. A bug flew straight into my lip gloss and got stuck there and when I got it out it was still alive….ewwwwwwwww
4. Turns out that eating ice cream 4 times a day isn’t good for your running.
5. The high elevation is still sucking every ounce of oxygen out of my lungs (the scientific way to explain it).
I hit 11 miles and walked the rest of the way home because I was so over running. It happens to all of us and at least the first few miles felt really good.
The only thing you can do about bad runs is learn from them (hmmmm maybe sleep more and eat some vegetables Janae) and move forward. For now I am just going to hang out with Brooke in her panda and cupcake pjs and read books.
Little Mermaid will ALWAYS be my favorite Disney movie.
Favorite Disney movie?
Do you ever get cramps or side stitches?
Have you gotten out your running tights yet this winter? What winter running clothes have you worn so far this year?