Let’s see how many pictures of myself running I can include in a single post.

I was pretty excited because I knocked out five miles this morning before work.  I was worried yesterday that the cramping I experienced was a new pregnancy symptom and that my running days were going to be over for a few months (severe dramaticness runs in my family) but there were no cramps.

We leave the breaker box door open now because my 1908 house doesn’t like having more than two electronic things going at once and so we are constantly back there turning the power on again.  Speaking of our awesome house, the garbage disposal is broken AGAIN so our sink is clogged and our landlords like to wait at least 4 weeks to fix it.  Anyone in the area mind if we come over and use your sink to wash our dishes? I will bring apple fritters and lemonade.

Photo on 5 10 12 at 7 32 AM  2

We got the pictures back from our race on Saturday. I don’t get WHY he won’t pose for the camera with me when I ask him so kindly to pose.

Screen Shot 2012 05 10 at 10 03 14 AM

A few feet away from the finish:

Screen Shot 2012 05 10 at 10 01 02 AM

In 99% of the pictures taken by the race people I am pulling up my shirt.  Not used to this whole ‘grow 4 sizes up top’ thing.  Anyone have a good sleeveless turtleneck I can wear for my next race?

Doesn’t Billy look like he is hovering ha:)

—————————————

I am pretty darn excited for tonight.

The reason for my excitement is because we are going to eat Fish ‘n Chips for dinner tonight.  I have only had this entree ONE time in my entire life on our honeymoon in Seattle (we did a cruise that visited Oregon, Washington and Canada).  It was my favorite meal of the trip.  I know that Utah’s Fish ‘n Chips won’t be as good as Seattle’s but I seriously can’t wait.

It was only moments after our fish deliciousness that Billy had the best cheesecake he has ever had in his life (he does not tend to exaggerate and so I know he was being serious).  We are going to have to find some cheesecake (or cheesecake flavored donuts) for dessert tonight too.

Thursdays, you have turned into my favorite day of the week.

————————————–

Where did you go on your honeymoon?  Where is your dream place to go on your honeymoon?

-We were supposed to go on a cruise to Mexico but the whole swine flu thing had the ship go north instead which we absolutely loved.  We had never visited these areas and I am pretty sure that Seattle will always be my favorite city ever after visiting.

Anything broken at your house or apartment right now?

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Anyone ever lived in Seattle or living there now?

You May Also Like

75 comments

That’s so cool that your cruise just changed directions because of the swine flu thing … I never would have thought they’d do something like that!

We went to Costa Rica on our honeymoon, and it was absolutely perfect. I told Brandon that I wanted to go back every year from now until we’re 90, but for some reason he doesn’t think that’s a good idea. Go figure!

COSTA RICA….I am so jealous, I want to go there so bad! If he won’t go with you then I will:) About our cruise..they told us a few days in advance that they had to go north instead!

We just moved back from Costa Rica. Loved it! We would move back in a heartbeat if only it wasn’t so expensive.

I don’t live in Seattle, but I live in Portland which is pretty similar (at least that’s what I tell myself). I love the Pacific Northwest. It’s beautiful. If you and Billy ever want to visit, just let me know. I’m sure my husband won’t mind a couple of roommates ;)

I want to visit Portland, I have heard it is absolutely amazing! I hope you are being serious about us coming and playing with you….you better be!

I love fish n chips! What’s the difference between the Utah and Seattle’s?
We pronounce it as ‘fush n chups’ here and it’s really good. You have to try it if you come to NZ. My treat :)

I think the fish won’t be nearly as fresh since they have to fly it here:) I am taking you up on our NZ fush n chips date!

NZ Fush and Chups for the world! I second this Janae…bring you, Billy and baby girl on the 12 hour flight. It will be worth it. Promise. NZ ice cream, steak and cheese are other reasons why you are meant to be here!

Yay Seattle! I was born and raised there, and I miss it so much. On a sunny day, Seattle is the best place in the world. Also, the food is amazing. Best coffee, best donuts, best brioche, best pasta, best pho, best cheese…..

You were….I am so jealous! Best donuts AND best cheese, I am packing our bags and moving there tomorrow!

We are getting married in Jamaica in October and are spending five days there, followed by five days in Spain for our actual honeymoon. I’ve heard amazing things about Seattle!! It’s on my list to visit next year.

WHAT?!?! Jamaica…okay that is the coolest thing ever. I can’t wait to see all of the pictures of you guys in Jamaica and Spain. SO COOL!

Our vacuum is broken and I am going to seriously have a meltdown soon if we don’t get a new one! haha
I don’t live in Seattle but my boyfriend and I were talking about going out there this summer for a quickie vacation (we live in Montana but it’s not terribly far).

We live in Seattle area and are contemplating a quickie vacation to Montana in July. Swaperoo!

Dominican Republic…all inclusive. It was amazing-the 10 pounds I gained in a week…not so much ;-)

I went crazy on my sink once, I put way too mcuh crap down it. I took it apart, bought a snake at Habor Freight for like 6 bucks. I couldn’t put the piping back together, but I put a bucket under the sink and flushed it until it got fixed.

Send your landlord a letter. Can you withhold rent if he doesn’t fix that crap? My husband was the lazy one, so I couldn’t really withhold much that time. ;)

We went on a Caribbean cruise from Miami down to St. Thomas, St. Marteen and the Bahamas, loved it!
Supper is up in the air, I have a gala but just found out its just appetizers, so will have to eat first but hadn’t planned on it. Subway stop perhaps?!
I only visited Seattle summer 2010 and loved it!

We went to London for 10 days and made some day trips while there. Loved it.

You can come to my house with fritters and lemonade any day of the week! :) Yum!

We went to Sun Valley on our Honeymoon! It was a riot! We Mountain Biked, Played Tennis, Hiked and enjoyed the Beauty of the Mountains! So fun!

We currently don’t have anything broken at our house! A week ago though.. We had a few broken sprinklers from the winter!

I LOVE Seattle! My little sisters fiance’s family lives there and I want to go back so bad!! Hope your date night is fabulous!!

We went to Jamaica on our honeymoon and loved it. I’d definitely go back. I like Seattle too, but don’t think I’d want to live there. I can’t deal with that much rain. We’re having Costco pepperoni pizza for dinner tonight. I think we might have to make a frozen yogurt run after dinner. I’m carbing up for a 20 mile long run on Saturday – LOL!

Haha–love the old house thing–I totally know how that feels :( BUT now we have a great landlord–so no, nothing is broken right now. Fingers crossed :)

We went to Cancun for our honeymoon….for 3 weeks! It was AWESOME.

My husband and I went to Napa Valley for our honeymoon and it was the best! I want to go back and explore Sonoma…and drink wine. :-)

Have fun eating fish n chips! I’ve never been to Seattle but it’s one of the cities on my places to visit!

My microwave is broken at my apartment! It still works but the piece that goes over the vent fell off and the maintenance guy in my building has yet to fix it. So the piece is sitting in its new home one the floor while we wait. It really looks pathetic!

Tonights dinner is going to be something simple, probably pasta of some sort. Long, tiring day=pasta for dinner haha.

Is that the cheese cake place by the market?? We go there every time we are in Seattle. It is probably why my mom loves Seattle so much.

Maybe you have tried this already with your garbage disposal, but if you have an allen’s wrench, all you have to do is insert it below the disposal under your sink and give it a few turns and it will unclog it. Unless the motor is really broken that is how it usually gets fixed.

Anyway, I love fish n chips. We had them every Friday night growing up in Rhode Island. I am headed back next week to visit family and cannot wait. Make sure you put lots of malt vinegar on them!

I went to high school in Burien, just south of Seattle. Now I live in Gig Harbor, and little more south and over some water. I’ve been all over the world, and I just love it here. Water and mountains all within a few mins driving, great food, moderate weather.

I’m currently pulling all my shirts DOWN. I was horrified on a run the other day when I felt my post-partum gut actually hanging out of my shirt a little. Not a cute look. I want a shirt that says “But don’t I look relatively good for just having a baby?”

Love the pics of the two of you running together! The only ones we got from the half we did together I’m staring at the ground and Chris looks nauseated. (I’m just going to pretend I was pushing the pace that hard that he really was)

Have fun at dinner tonight. Yeah for date nights.
19 days left here……..I know you are down to less than that. We CAN do this!!!!!!

So, cheesecake is awesome. And I don’t think dramaticness is a word. Interesting though. ;)

I know… I love making up words ha! Have a great day:)

Those race pictures are great!

Those pictures are adorable!! My husband and I went to Antigua… it was ahhhhmazing. I’d do anything to be back there right now… best week of our lives!

I live in Seattle! We just moved here last summer from Eastern Canada. Come and visit and we can go for a run, get TOP POT doughnuts and eat Ivars fish and chips :)
For our honeymoon we went to … Seattle! My husband and I got married and moved here within one week. Just a tad stressful. We made up for it and went to Jamaica this past winter for a real honeymoon.

Haha that 2nd photo of you is hilarious!

I really came by to say that I’m totally craving frozen yogurt right now. ;)

In other news, we went to Cancun for our honeymoon. On Sunday, we are going to JAMAICA to celebrate our second anniversary! I am so so SO excited!

Your race pics are adorable, btw. I ran a race with the husband in March and we didnt get any pictures together. I swear I was there!

We went to Mexico – friends vacation house free for the week was one of our gifts. Good thing as we had NO money left after the wedding!

Both kitchen and bathroom sink were just fixed 2 days ago – bring over those dishes!

Cooking up some skirt steak I have had marinating for 2.5 days now, hope it turns out good. Will chop up and have with rice. Fancy.

I have never lived there but visited 13 years ago and recently just spent time there first week of January. So much fun, love it!

The photos of you two running are aoii cute I love them

We are going to Los Angelos and San Diego for our honeymoon. I love that we are turning my soon to be hubby’s AP training into a honeymoon.

We went to Maui for 10 days- it was amazing!

Tonight’s dinner is pulled pork sliders and coleslaw. Can’t wait.

I live in Seattle! I know an awesome ( and sort of random) spot that has the best fish and chips. If you’re ever back here you’ll have to let me know!

In college, my roommate and I frequently washed our dishes in the bathtub…we let them accumulate to such an extreme it was easier that way. Just a thought for you and your broken sink :)

We went to the Bahamas, during hurricane season. It was amazing.

Our rent house has super bad foundation issues. None of the doors in our house close, it creaks all the time, there’s always as new crack in the wall or ceiling, and our electricity bills are terrible because all the AC seeps outside through the cracks under the doors and windows!

Ya’ll’s race pictures turned out super cute!! I hope you ordered one!

I love the race photos! You and Billy are so cute :-) It will be so cool to show those to your little girl one day!

My dream honeymoon is anything that involves the beach and either a cruise or all-inclusive resort so I don’t have to make decisions when it comes to restaurants because I’ll want to have everything.

Billy makes racing look so effortless! Why don’t any of my race pictures look like it’s easy for me? :)

you guys both look like you’re floating in that pic!! Awesome!

We HMed in Playa Del Carmen which was amazing, and I need to go back!
At any given moment we have at least 1 lightbulb out somewhere in our house. It takes a good week to 6 months for us to replace them.
I’ve been to Seattle twice, both times for NAIA Swimming Nationals in college.
BTW…You are such a Rockstar for racing preggers and running a 1:38 half at that! If I run my next one under 1:50 I’ll be over the moon! And I’m…very not pregnant!

WE LOVE FISH AND CHIPS!! The best are obviously in NEW ZEALAND!!! YEA!

BILLY looks like ‘the most photogenic guy’

no fair…

Hahahah I know right!!! So hilarious!

my roommate smashed a lamp yesterday, for no real reason. she just makes a lot of gestures when she talks and BAM knocked the ceramic lamp right off the table! smashed to smithereens. RIP

We’re getting married in June and still don’t have a honeymoon booked….bad, I know…mostly because we’re poor but partly because we just can’t decide. If I could choose anywhere I’d love to go to Hawaii or the Bahamas, but we actually might just go to Chicago for 5 days and then plan a beachier (definitely not a word) vacation either later in the year or for our first anniversary.

We went on a south Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon! We go on 1-2 cruises per yr. They are the perfect vacation in my opinion. Our ice maker is broken. It either makes notice or makes 10x too much and spills everywhere. Cute race pics! Enjoy your dinner. I’ve never had fish and chips. We grilled shrimp kabobs tonight.

Your race pics crack me up. I love how happy you look. I probably look miserable when I run even though I’m happy on the inside.

We went to a cabin in Island Park for a week for our honeymoon. It was the best honeymoon ever! We fly fished every day including a guided trip down Warm River which was a gift from my in-laws. I caught the biggest fish of my life on Henry’s Lake too. I LOVED it!

Seattle scares me. I would be one of those people that had a light bos xince I can’t stand a lot of rain. I hear it’s beautiful though. Enjoy the grow 4 sizes phase. It didn’t last for me. Pretty sad when my 17 year old wears a bigger bran than I do.
My 20th anniversay is coming up in December and I am determined to go somewhere amazing and sunny.

I made a veggie pizza for dinner (mushrooms, onions, red peppers) and a garden salad.

My refrigerator is doing strange things now. Water is accumulating in different areas of the fridge. Dios mio!

We went on a cruise for our honeymoon too. It left from Florida though and stopped at Key West and Cozumel. Cozumel was loads of fun. We didn’t actually see Key West though. Wink Wink.

We just had the air conditioner fixed in our house. Not exactly what I wanted to spend $200, but you do what you have to do.

I’ve never been to Seattle, but one of my greatest friends is from there and is always saying how beautiful it is.

I live in Seattle and will never leave! The only other place I have ever lived is Roy, Utah when I was a kid. Skiing can’t be beat in Utah but Seattle will always be home!

I am dying to go to Australia during my honeymoon…it seems to have the best of everything: beach, activities, city life :)!

I am planning our honeymoon now and we are deciding between SE Asia and Africa!!! I’m pretty sure we’ll go to SE Asia as we got a million good ideas last night from our FB friends (what did people do before the internet??). I’m so much more excited about planning our honeymoon than I am about the wedding planning, which might explain why I’m throwing it together in two months :)

Love the pictures! I hope one day I can get great pictures like that with my boyfriend running a race!

u can never, ever cram too many running shots into a post. ;) tho if i tried people would prolly suffer from blindness!! hehe.

din din for me was a dash to subway…love me my footlong turkeys!! :)

I’m toying with the idea of running rnr Seattle and you just made me really want to go!

I am wavering on the exact same idea! I am trying to get a friend to run the half with me. My first! By the way, if you sign up on the 13th you get $13 off :)

Good luck! I hope you get to run your first half! I saw that about the 13th, thanks for letting me know….now to just find someone in the next few days that will go…. :)

We honeymooned at Disney world :) they did so many little things for us that week it was perfect!

Hey Janae,
Last summer you had posted on your blog some fun photos making ice cream with your ice cream machine. Do I remember correctly? If yes, then please take out that ice cream machine from the cupboard and show us how to kick-start summer! Thanks for all your entertaining posts!

come on, girl, you can post more running pictures of yourself than that! would you like me to teach you how? oh and btw, you barely look pregnant.

We eloped to Lake Tahoe on New Year’s Day 10 years ago, so we honeymooned all in one trip, it was amazing! I would LOVE to visit Seattle and the Northwest coast someday soon! We Indiana Hoosiers have lots of cornfields, but nothing like what it looks like out there! Oh and the Fish & Chips in Disneyworld/Epcot (Great Britain) are the best Ive ever had! YUM!!!!

Yes, I’m from a town just north of seattle!! BEAUTIFUL city!!!! Lots of mountains, rivers, lakes, ocean…I am biased ofcourse, but I think it is one of the most beautiful states. The people are super sweet too ;) And lots of races!! Are you guys thinking of moving there?!

Billy is not only speedy, but he can FLY!

We went to Stowe, VT for our honeymoon and stayed at the Trapp Family Lodge (like the von Trapps from the Sound of Music!). It was awesome.

Nothing broken here…yet!

You two are the cutest, most happiest looking couple in the history of the world.

I visited Seattle last summer and I must say it is probably one of my favorite places in the country! I would totally move up there in a heartbeat…it’s actually something I’m considering when I finish school! Those pics of you and Billy are so adorable and perfect, we (us readers) love you guys!!

Umm so you should still move to Seattle even though I don’t think that was mentioned! :-) I hear they have really good law schools up here!

I was totally excited about dinner last night. I found Mrs. T’s perogies that were 100% whole grain and filled with sweet potatoe! Boiled those up and threw a little Prego on them and topped them with garlic roasted broccoli.

I love the second race picture of you – you look so incredibly happy and beautiful!

Our oven isn’t broken, but the temperature gauge doesn’t work. I set it on 225, it cooks somewhere between 330-365. I set it on 300, it bursts into flames. Crazy thing.

We went to St. Lucia on our honeymoon, and I cannot wait to go back!

I live an hour south of seattle and IT IS THE BEST HANDS DOWN!!!! Seriously. You’ll love it. Sine we don’t get harsh winters or summers you can run outdoors all year long here. Plus, the running community around here is awesome and super supportive. It is a fantastic place to live!

We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, it was wonderful and the resort had free snorkeling, you could go every day and they would take you to different locations. Really fun! We also climbed Dunn’s river falls waterfall!