The sweetest Cait designed this image for me and it made my day. The x2 is the best part and it is in purple with running and eating all in the same picture…all I need to be happy.
Time to talk about some random tangents that are flowing through my brain at the moment! I found my first Triple Tangent Tuesday and it was fun for me to look back on it and realize I haven’t grown up at all and I was obsessed with cottage cheese way back then.
My usual night routine:
1. Wake up at 3:15 a.m. to go to the restroom.
2. Go back to bed and lay there for 20 minutes and finally realize I can’t fall back asleep because I am starving, doubling your calories is tough work;)
3. Go to the kitchen and eat random things. I am not that weird to take a picture of my food in the middle of the night, I just take the picture as I am leaving for work in the morning because heaven forbid I put it away my food after I am done with it. Last nights ‘meal’ was a piece of toast with jam and a bowl of frosted flakes, all eaten while standing over the sink.
I completely agree with you Tony the Tiger.
2. My niece will be an amazing blogger someday. She took a total of 230 pictures on Sunday night.
3. I love learning about different runners in the Back Story feature of Runner’s World (below from April 2012). Justin is a little different than most elite runners because he ran and WON 15 marathons last year! Most elites run a maximum of 2-3 marathons a year. It makes me wonder how much faster he could run the marathon if he just ran and trained for two marathons a year but it is obvious that he just loves to run and wants to do it as much as possible which is awesome.
“Running one marathon a year is like going to a buffet and having only one plate.”
PS the frog legs before a marathon…..I just can’t even imagine.
All of this got me thinking about racing seasons and how fun it is to race, even if you know you aren’t going to run your best race. You are surrounded by tons of people that are addicted to running, the endorphins and adrenaline are high, there is delicious food afterwards and people are out there becoming healthier and stronger.
Billy has already gotten into two law schools (a school in New York City and another one in Fullerton, Ca) and I did the first thing that any running nerd would do. I checked out when their racing season is and what type of races they have to offer in the area. We aren’t supposed to hear back from most schools for another 6 weeks but I think Billy knows that the number one deciding factor on where we go has to do with running, it’s not that important that he goes somewhere that is actually a good school or anything.
When is the racing season in your area?
-In Utah, most races seem to be in April-July.
When you were growing up did your mom let you have ‘sugar’ cereals for breakfast?
-We had boring cereal like plain Cheerios except for on our birthday we got a box of our favorite sugary cereal (I always chose Lucky Charms).
If injuries weren’t an issue, how many marathons or 1/2 marathons would you run a year?
-I would love to do one a month!
What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten? Ever tried frog legs?