I think when Billy first found out that I was pregnant his biggest concern was the cravings that I was going to have and what he was about to have to endure in regards to them. Since the day he met me he has always had to deal with me coming up with some random food that i just had to have. He knew that our savings account was about to be diminished by the pregnancy cravings.
I did have a few food aversions which made my heart cry because they used to be some of my favorite things to eat.
1. Hot Chocolate, not because it is chocolate but because it is hot. For some reason the idea of drinking a hot drink still makes me gag a little.
2. Gum. Coming from the girl that lived for gum, this one was really strange (luckily I can handle fruit gum again). The worst is that green spearmint gum…..I can’t tell you how many times I made a student or my sister spit it out when they were around me because even the sight and smell made me lose it.
3. Broccoli. This one is still true. If you have read my blog for a while you know that I went through a costco bag a week of this stuff. I hope to someday be reunited with it but for now, stay away. Other vegetables didn’t sound good during the first trimester but luckily I am fine with them now!
5. I couldn’t eat dairy after 7(ish) pm for some reason.
What did I want to stuff my face with at all times no matter where or what I was doing?
1. Hamburgers. Add bacon and cheese and we will be soul mates.
2. Bagels with 6 servings of cream cheese.
3. Mac n cheese and pizza but I have always craved those.
4. 3 things of string cheese a day and a grapefruit.
5. Grapes with cottage cheese
6. Cereal until I overdosed and then it made the list at the top.
7. Cup of Noodles (same story as #5).
8. Orange juice. The more pulp the better.
9. Lasagna or any other type of food that involved noodles, CHEESE and sauce.
10. The purple bag of skittles and orange flavored vitamin water. Must be eaten at the same time. One skittle, one sip of vitamin water, repeat.
11. Baked potato. I am ashamed to tell you how many of these I ate a day.
12. Chicken nuggets.
13. Crumb donettes.
It turned out that Billy is actually in heaven with these cravings because I was always wanting to go get all of his favorite foods. Don’t worry, I take my prenatals and all of the other vitamins needed to stay somewhat healthy.
Our bodies are incredible and during that first trimester especially my body knew that I needed to be eating fatty foods because that is an important part of building the babies brain! My body also craved iron and calcium like never before!
What did you crave during your pregnancies? What foods made your stomach die a little to think about eating? If you are pregnant now what are you craving?
Non-pregnant peeps too…what are YOU craving right now?