I have running magazine ADD today. I hope this is okay with you. I like to focus on an article from either Runners World or Running Times every now and then but today that just wasn’t a possibility. I found so many entertaining and interesting things in the January and February issues that I just had to share them all.
1. An awesome quote about treadmills. I have plans after work today and so it was another early morning treadmill run for me (I refuse to run in the dark by myself and I feel bad making my mom get up that early to follow me in her car. Seriously, when I wanted to run at night in high school when it was dark my mom would just drive behind me, now that is love) and I usually don’t mind the treadmill but today the below quote kept going through my brain.
2. Speaking of treadmills…..can you even imagine?
3. Remember how I interviewed my favorite athlete ever….Dathan Ritzenhein!! (You can read it HERE). Well, he had an article about him in the February 2012 Runner’s World which was awesome because I felt like I was reading about a friend (I am sure he feels the same way about me;) and I loved seeing his daily eats.
Billy, if we want to be really good runners, it looks like we need to eat steak every single night…..let’s go shopping:) PS aren’t his little kids the cutest things in the whole wide world.
4. Speaking of food, I stared at this picture of lasagna for 11 minutes straight. Because my birthday is just ELEVEN days away….Billy, go ahead and get the ingredients now to make this for me on the day we celebrate my birth.
5. A quote from Jenny Simpson (gold medalist in the 1500m at the World Championships with a 4:05:40) that makes me realize it is IMPORTANT to relax and spend time watching my favorite shows, I don’t always have to be busy:)
6. And last but not least….A few nutrition goals that Runner’s World (January 2012) recommends for runners:
1. Eat 3 food groups at breakfast: Fats (help you feel satisfied), carbs (ENERGY) and protein (build MUSCLE).
2. Join the Meatless Monday Movement.
3. Fill half your plate with produce
4. Get more Calcium!!!
5. Upgrade your salad greens (arugula, kale and endive)
6. Ditch the packaged diet foods.
7. Redefine dessert by focusing on fruit. Edited by Janae: Fruit flavored candy counts for this one;)
Anyone else have birthdays in February?
What is your standard birthday meal request? Do you love lasagna as much as me?
-Lasagna, I have always requested this since I was a little kid.
Which nutrition goal from runner’s world do you need to work on?
Do you feel like you always need to be doing something or are you good at letting yourself take breaks and relax?