I know that the first thing you wanted to see this morning was a picture that I took of myself with my eskimo hood on. You can pay me in Milky Ways later. Speaking of Milky Ways, I have a bag of them coming for me today after my students bribed me a bag of them if I let them do one less running drill. Chocolate goodness for days is worth letting them get out of 50 seconds of sprinting.
Last night I subbed for a spin class and had a blast. I was leaving right as it started snowing (I know the picture doesn’t look like it but it was coming down pretty fast). I think that my subconscious is realizing that this might be my last winter in Utah and so it is trying to enjoy it to the fullest because the snow is making me happier than a plate of waffles in front of me right this second would (okay, that was an exaggeration).
1. I Made It by Kevin Rudolph: Warm-up
2. Domino by Jessie J: Jumps!! In and out of the saddle.
3. International Love by Pitbul: Isolations (out of saddle and from the hips up, NO movement….really targets the quads and makes them burn).
4. Raise Your Glass by Pink: Crank it. In saddle on a flat road but when the chorus comes on, crank the tension up heavy and take it out of saddle for the entire chorus. Repeat.
5. The Distance by Cake: SPRINTS. 30 second sprint, active recovery, 45 second sprint, active recovery and 1 minute sprint.
6. ET by Katy Pery: Hill climb. 30 seconds in saddle, 15 out of saddle with a faster pace.
7. Show Me the Money by Petey Pablo: Second part of hill climb. Out of saddle, reach max tension by the end of the song.
8. Without You by David Guetta ft Usher: Recovery from hill climb.
9. Infinity by Guru Project: Switch positions every 15 seconds, each person chooses what they switch to. Must keep cadence hitting the fast beat, tension of a flat road.
10. You Da One by Rhianna: Heavier tension jumps.
11. Young Forever by The Ready Set. Sprints OUT of the saddle. Short but fast.
12. Telephone ft Beyonce by Lady Gaga:Work each leg separately
13. Turn Around by Flo Rida: Continuation of previous song ending in SQUATS off of the bike.
14. 300 Violin Orchestra by Jorge Quintero: Last hill climb. Very dramatic song….
15. On the Floor by J Lo: Final push! Give me everything you’ve got. Combination of runs, sprints and arrow.
16. On Your Porch by The Format: Cooldown
The other day as Billy and I were watching our super classy UFC fights, our new favorite song came on. I love the warm-up songs that the fighters come out to and I instantly fell in love with this one by Jorge Quintero. I played it last night at spin and a bunch of people really liked it and so I realized I am not alone in my love for random music.
If you want to take a little listen to it, here it is. I actually sped it up a little bit using Garage Band on my computer so that it is a tiny bit faster than the version below but I hope you like it as much as I do for working out!
Every now and then it is nice to listen to a song without words right…..I can only handle Little Wayne rapping and Justin Bieber repeating the word ‘Baby’ over and over for so long.
Dinner was from a bag last night.
A cute little friend in the area brought a ziplock of delicious homemade bean chili and said that you can freeze it for a few months. I found it in my freezer yesterday and there may have been jumping for joy involved.
I ate mine with a baked potato and while watching a few episodes of Glee. Don’t tell me that you don’t throw your gym bag on the floor too right when you get home because dinner is way more important than cleanliness.
A delicious homemade dinner without any work whatsoever (Billy did a great job heating it up and the dishes while I tried to get the the bag remnants off of my curling iron. In case you were wondering, extremely hot things can ruin things.
Glee fans: which character on Glee is your favorite?
-Britney…she is hilarious!
We may have discussed this very important question before but I am too lazy to look it up….What is your ALL-time FAVORITE candy bar?!?!
-Milky Way x 1,000,000,000. The chocolate, nougat and caramel get me every time!
Do you use a curling iron or straightener on your hair? Or both? Or neither?
-I use an in styler, which is kind of like a curling iron and straightener in one.
If you could choose to NEVER have to do your hair, NEVER have to do your make-up or NEVER have to choose an outfit….what would you choose?!
-never have to do my hair.