Saturday mornings are made for long runs. Now most of you probably woke up at a decent hour to get your long run in but I didn’t quite start until 11, I had a good nights sleep.
After a run I met up with my sis at Runner’s Corner to get her some new shoes. I don’t know what it is about running stores but I could stay for hours looking at everything and talking to everyone.
She ended up getting the Kinvaras (the black and blue ones in the picture) and she is stoked.
I had to use the restroom while we were there and look what I found: (Yes, it is kind of gross but I think it is important that we pay attention to this so that we can make sure that we are hydrating ourselves correctly)
Starting at the top left color swatch is:
1. A very hydrated spectator.
2. Hydrated spectator
3. Spectator with mild hangover.
4. Spectator who jogged to vital viewing points.
5. Well-hydrated walker/jogger who made it to mile 19
6. Finisher who got to know everybody’s name at the aid stations.
7. Ran well within heart rate threshold and was able to chat throughout the race.
8. Pushed body steadily throughout and achieved goal time.
9. Looked at The Wall at mile 23 and ran right through it. You PR’d and this is the ideal level of exertion and common sense.
10. Laughed when body said slow down and negative splits…still able to go to post-race party.
11. Ignored vital water stations to shave seconds.
12. WHOOPSIE…Skip party, go to doctor.
Now what am I doing?
Cereal and Gossip Girl.
Have an AWESOME night tonight and see you next year (I am sorry but I had to say it;)
What running/workout shoes are you using right now?
What have you been up to today?
What cereal(s) do you have in your kitchen right now?