Highlight of Nov. 10, 2011:
Reaching in my pocket to find this amazing treat (Hershey’s Cookies n’ Cream bar) that my niece gave me the other night. How I forgot about it until now…..I have no idea. (Picture is a reenactment, I couldn’t take a picture fast enough before I ate it)
I saw this picture today on the brightroom website from NYCM and couldn’t help but remember why I was closing my eyes. I was clearly deep in thought about a lot of things (even though it looks as though I was trying to send a text with my eyes closed).
The first 22ish miles felt great and SR and I were able to talk the entire time but the last few miles were pretty tough (especially considering the fact that my training WEEKS leading up to the marathon were usually about 25-30 miles).
Besides thinking about how awesome my hair looked or how my fuel was coming out of my pants…….what was I thinking about for those final miles of the marathon?
1. SkinnyRunner ran a marathon yesterday while I was sitting around eating half a pizza, must keep up with her.
2. One step at a time.
3. Count your steps (my mind only made it until 20 before I got bored).
4. Remember how you couldn’t run for 8 months and how you would have killed for these miles and the challenge of a marathon….KEEP GOING.
5. I will be eating 3 whole crumbs cupcakes soon….the faster I run, the sooner I will have frosting all over my face.
6. Is that a topless woman spectating the race? Why, yes, yes it is.
7. My lips are really chapped.
8. Billy is tracking me, I want to make him proud.
9. This ISN’T supposed to be comfortable.
10. Think outside your body…..some of the spectators were probably creeped out to see some random girl staring at them as she passed.
You are welcome for the sneak peak into my brain. Usually there really isn’t a lot of thoughts going on in there so the above items just revealed a heck of a lot to you;)
Today’s workout was 40 minutes on the eliptical and 20 minutes on the spin bike. I would rate it a 6 on a scale of 1-10….I was half-asleep but it was a very sweaty workout.
What were some of your thoughts during your last run or race when the going got tough and you wanted to quit?
What would you rate your workout today on a scale of 1-10?
Any recommendations for white chocolate desserts/candies/recipes etc. for me? I clearly have a thing for white chocolate.