As my departure time for NY is getting closer and closer I am realizing there are a million random things I need to get done before I leave….ie lesson plans for subs, washing dishes so that they don’t grow mold and preparing Billy mentally for a few days without me (It is going to be really rough on him. Mom, you might need to invite him over for dinner or something to help ease the pain).
A few more important things came up yesterday and so the above mentioned items will just have to wait.
1. Hanging out with high school friends. A big group of us got together along with all of their kids.
2. SkinnyRunner reminded me to load up on clothes to wear for so that I don’t freeze my buns off as we wait for the marathon to start. Good thing Netflix has instant streaming on my phone to keep me entertained. Or I guess I could talk to the thousands of runners around me that are also probably runner nerds and also want to talk everything running.
If you are looking for me, I am the one in mustard yellow sweats that cost $1.50. There will be a few more layers on underneath of these beauties too but I want to make sure that these are on the outside layer.
3. Next important thing on the list of to-do’s was Walmart for iron on letters for my race shirt. I somehow got sidetracked in the movie section with a DVD that contained 3 of my all time favorite movies….still haven’t seen Chasing Liberty…..for only $13. That is a steal.
4. Mexican food and lots of it. We met up with another couple at Jo Bandito’s. Any restaurant that starts with chips and salsa wins in my books. I ordered the tostada…..crisp tortilla, beans, chicken, melty cheese, lettuce, guac, sour cream, tomatoes and more cheese. Billy had a chimichunga with the exact same ingredients…..interesting.
5. Receive tips on the BEST places to eat in NY. He obviously got very passionate about where I HAVE to eat.
a.) Dinosaur BBQ
b.) Max Brenner
Let’s see how chips, cheese and guac fuel my treadmill run this morning. Who knows, maybe this could be a new ‘night before a long run’ favorite meal.
What is your all time favorite chick flick?
-A Walk to Remember
What do you usually order at Mexican restaurants?
-Usually I order a quesadilla but I was in the mood for a crunchy tortilla and guac last night.
How tall are you?
Would you rather have Mexican food every night for the rest of your life or Italian?
-I hate when I ask really tough questions…..it is a tough call but I think I am going to have to say Italian.