I have something very special to share with you today.
I haven’t told you about my new love in life.
Besides the fact that they are the cutest running shoes I own (I know that isn’t supposed to matter but it does for me) these babies are made SPECIFICIALLY for women (don’t worry men, you can enter the giveaway for the men’s INSTINCT).
A few of the reasons I am hooked on these babies:
1. They are drop zero (the heel and the forefoot are the same height from the ground). This helps to improve running technique = less running related injuries, um sign me up. These shoes have been proven to reduce heel strike and help your posture and alignment. (Please note that you should slowly build up your mileage in these because they are very different than your normal running shoe).
2. I feel cool in them. I didn’t have to tell you that one.
3. They have a wider toe box. Finally, my toes are able to spread out naturally with each foot strike without having to go up to a size 34. They are dang comfortable….be prepared to see me in these babies daily. I wonder if my job will allow me to wear these as part of my professional dress, they would look great with a dress. I think I counted and I have told BIlly that they are SO comfortable approximately 2,456,432 times.
4. They are made just for woman! I took this from their website:
Female Specific Shoes: Ladies – Finally a shoe designed specifically for you! No more dealing with ‘shrink-it-and-pink-it’ shoes! Altra™’s Female specific lasts account for a Woman’s narrower heel, smaller instep, longer arch, and different metatarsal positioning. This unique fit allows your foot to be more girl than any other running shoe on the market.
These shoes were designed by accomplished/elite runners that really know there stuff – people that I trust and are in the business to help you become the best runner you can be!
How to ENTER giveaway for your own pair of Altra Running Shoes: (Giveaway ends October 12th, 2011)
1. Tell me why you run.
2. Blog or tweet about this giveaway (please tell me in a separate comment if you did).