It is easy to fall into the trap of thinking, “I will be happy when……” In my case I found myself saying that yesterday a lot (I will be happy when I can run again). But WE SIMPLY cannot live that way because before we know it we will be 90 and realize that we were never truly happy because we were constantly trying to fast forward to future events and circumstances.
I decided last night that I was going to make myself happy NOW by pampering myself.
Sure it would be easy to pamper yourself if you had millions of dollars (think day spa, fancy restaurants, Jimmy Choo’s and Kate Spade) but I am poor so, I wanted to share with you the SIMPLE ways that I use so that I can come back to the moment and realize how blessed I truly am…..
1. Create a new playlist of your FAVORITE songs and listen to them as you……..
2. Make a homemade meal that pleases your stomach, husband and eyes. Pizza recipe found here...topped with roasted red potatoes (with olive oil and rosemary), spinach and tomatoes.
3. Paint your toenails. I will spare you the picture of this one….you are welcome.
4. Strategically place your arm on your significant other/friend/co-worker (IDK) and they will magically know that an arm scratch will make you feel like a queen. Most of the time that is true, but sometimes you have to ASK for what YOU NEED. Don’t rely on people knowing exactly what you need from them……sometimes, you just gotta tell them you need a foot rub, some alone time, someone to go on a walk with or a hug.
5. Read a book. Simple as that. Find a topic/genre that you are passionate about and curl up under the covers and read your little heart out.
6. Light a candle or two or three and think about how much you love the smell each time you breath in……breath deeply.
7. Of course a little chocolate or ice cream always helps, take the time to savor each bite.
8. Take a nap or go to bed a little earlier than usual and you will wake up feeling like a trillion bucks.
What are your favorite ways to pamper yourself? How are you going to PAMPER YOURSELF TODAY?
Do you fall into the trap of saying, “I will be happy when…..” How do you overcome that and live in the present??
What is your food of the week (what food have you currently been loving and overdosing on)?
-I think we all know the answer for me is thin crust pizza.