Today is the most special day of the week. I tell you about my favorite things, no work for two days and calories don’t count from Friday at 4 pm until Monday at 6 am. (one of the many things I learned from my college nutrition classes).
My Six Favorite Things Today
1. I have said goodbye to oatmeal. Why: 1. We are out. 2. I need the maximum amount of nutrients first thing after a workout so that I can eat candy the rest of the day.
Put into the magic bullet: Vanilla Protein Powder (so good, you can buy it on my gear page here), chocolate milk, glutamine (also on gear page), a million frozen berries (hello antioxidants). I was FULL after eating this and my muscles quickly got to work repairing themselves and getting stronger!!
I put my smoothie in my hot chocolate mug and it kept it very cold. Win-Win-WIn.
2. Costco. This is a weekly favorite. I think Billy and I might go there for a date tonight. Dinner=Samples (we bring different hats so that we can hit up each table 9 times).
This is my bro-in-law riding a bike around the store, we had to try them out. As you can tell we always have a good time at Costco.
3. Scoo Scoo. I drive our car to work and Billy drives our scooter to school. Yes, I am a bad wife and my husband is forced to ride a scooter in 10 degree weather to school everyday. Now that it is getting a tad bit warmer, I am going to start riding the scooter. Like today, but only after I give her a good wash and waxing and install the new pink basket I bought it (sorry Billy it is for function). Life is always better when ridden on a scooter and be prepared to hear many of our scooter adventures.
4. Mis Madre y Mis Hermana….they are always a Friday Favorite though:)
5. When I woke up this morning I was thinking about how much happier I have been this winter compared to last and then I remembered it is because our heater works. Last winter our heater was broken and this is actual evidence from my bathroom of the ice that formed because it was so cold inside. I don’t know how I survived.
6. And the bestest part of my friday that makes me smile and oh so happy………(Yes, that is me in the picture below on the left……I used to go outside every now and then and get some skin pigmentation)
A student told me today I inspired him to quit his Mt. Dew addiction and start running everyday. He said he hated running at first but is now loving it and he already took 2 minutes off of his mile time. I DIED……um, it was the best thing ever.
What are some of your FAVORITE THINGS THIS WEEK?
-I love hearing about the positive/favoritest things that are going on in your lives!!!!
What are your Friday night plans?
-I just texted Billy that he is taking me to Coldstone (gift card baby) after we hit up Costco and then watching the office on Hulu.
Do you eat the samples at Costco and other grocery stores? What are your favorite samples?
-I love when Costco has ravioli, pita chips and hummus and chocolate covered almonds as samples.