I am being completely sarcastic in this post so please do not follow my example. I usually do try to play it smart when preparing for a long run but today was just one of those days, ya know:)
How to fuel physically and mentally for a long run:
1. Enjoy skittles and hot chocolate while you watch a 9 a.m. showing of Tangled with 300 teenagers. Do not be ashamed that you laughed and cried harder than anyone else in the entire theater during the movie.
1. a. Do not shower or look cute so that you will be more likely to get your buns out and onto your run after work.
2. Call your doctors office and cancel your appointment saying that you have the stomach flu. Do this because it would have cut your long run short even though it was a run that you should have done in the early morning but snuggling Billy was more important.
2.b. Wear your hair in a greasy ponytail so that it already looks like you have run for 2 hours.
3. Stalk your favorite blogs during lunch to gain some motivation.
(my reading face).
4. Drink another cup of hot chocolate, hydration people….come on.
5. Double fist your free Subway sandwich from school 30 minutes before you start your run. Ouch….fiber.
Wish me luck….we shall see how this run goes:)
Have you seen Tangled? What is your favorite Disney movie?
-This has to be my favorite….seriously, go see it now. I also love Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.
What is your favorite pre-workout fuel?
-Bagel with pb and a banana. Granola bars work well for me too. Maybe skittles and hot chocolate will be my new favorite.
Any funny stories about pre-fueling mistakes?
-I will after today’s run.