I didn’t have internet all day…..it hurt. Sorry I was absent from blog land today, I will be back in action starting now. P.S. I LOVED all of the engagement stories….I got the biggest goosebumps with all of them, thank you for sharing with me.
-30 minutes stair climber. Burn baby burn.
-My new spin 6 a.m. class. So fun….love my classes, those girls are hardcore and I love making new friends.
-15 minutes elliptical.
-10 minutes weights……..baby steps, maybe next week I will upgrade to the 5 lb weights ha.
I was absolutely starving this morning and my usual oatmeal wasn’t going to cut it. I needed bulk and cheese obviously.
I may have snuck to Subway during my prep period. Best decision I have made this week and I had the exact amount left on my gift card. Double Score.
Nothing like jalepeno breath at 8 a.m.
I get the question about how I have so much energy a lot so I thought I would fill you in on my ADD tendencies, without actually having ADD (I think at least) lifestyle.
-First, and foremost…….I highlight the busy parts of my day on the blog. I think it would be boring to read if I told you about the fact I watched 3 hours straight of The Bachelor yesterday or the fact that I took a cat nap under my desk after school today. I really do have a lot of downtown too but usually I would rather be running:)
1. The more I exercise, the more energy I have. I don’t know the exact reasons why, but it works. On Sunday’s (my rest day) I spend 94.6% of the day on the couch, only getting up for church and food. I feel exhausted all day because I don’t get my morning sweat on….but I know my body needs it.
2. I quit caffeine a year and a half ago and I really think this helped with my energy levels. I pretty much had a portable IV of Diet Coke running into my veins at all times. Sure I felt a little kick from it every know and then but I always had the caffeine crash and it made me SO tired. So, yep, you guessed it….no coffee, no soda, nothing. I do take a no doze (caffeine pill before my marathons and boy does it work because my body is not used to caffeine).
3. Of course the more ice cream I eat the more energy I have but you all knew that. But seriously, I eat often throughout the day, most of it nutritious, some of it not. I think finding a healthy balance of the two gives me plenty of energy to get through the day.
4. I am a big believer that our PERCEPTION (the way we view the world and ourselves) plays a huge role in our energy levels. The more I tell myself that I am a happy and energetic person the more I am. The more I perceive that exercise/running is fun and like the coolest thing that our bodies can handle such amazing things….the more energy and love I have for being active.
5. We only have one life and I don’t want to waste it by complaining that I am always tired and life will be so much better when blah blah blah happens. So, why not take advantage of our life and live everyday to the fullest?!?!?!
In the words of Bob from ‘What About Bob’ just recite this when you don’t feel so great….
“I feel great, I feel good, I feel wonderful.”
Have you ever seen What About Bob…….it is a classic.
What do you do when you are low on energy to get more energy?!?!
-Exercise really is the best way for me to get some more of the good stuff. A little something else always works too he he he.
Do you eat out for breakfast?
-When we are on vacation I LOVE to, but we never ever do when we are at home….today was a little treat to tell myself I am awesome ha:)