Doesn’t everyone immediately change into pajamas/old race shirts as soon as they get home from work?
My conversation with myself after school:
“Dang it, I have to make cake for my health lesson tomorrow.” (Yes, I do an object lesson to teach abstinence that involves cake, it is awesome.)
“OOH, look at that disgusting banana on the counter.”
“Produce will not be wasted in this household and if it is, everything I stand for is a sham.”
I then look up my favorite banana muffins recipe.
“That Almond Joy I had today was delicious…..Janae back on track, you have a lot of baking to do before spin.”
“Coconut should be in everything, including muffins. I can’t wait to lick the bowls of both the cake batter and banana bread once I am done.”
And that is how my coconut, banana with cinnamon sugar topping was born. Try it, you won’t be disappointed.
For some reason it is always so hard for me to get to the gym at for my Wednesday night spin class. I always complain to Billy about not wanting to go but as soon as I starting sweatin’ I automatically remember how much I LOVE it. Its a high if you will, and I can’t imagine life without it.
1. Pump It by Black Eyed Peas- Warm-up.
2. Let’s Get Crazy by Pitbull-Jumps.
3. Funhouse by Pink- 1 minute max tension in saddle, 30 seconds low tension sprint out of saddle.
4. We R Who We R- Lock n Load….isolate quads, no bouncing. Out of saddle.
5. Live your Life by T.I.-Hill climb in the saddle.
6. Secrets by One Republic- Hill climb out of saddle.
7. Na Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance-Ladder Sprints!!!!
8. Bottoms Up- Arm swing and double times, medium hill.
9. Like a G6- Strengthen each leg at a time, have to hit 25 revolutions in 15 seconds.
10. Poker Face by Lady GaGa- Figure 8, tension gradually goes up.
11. Club Can’t Handle Me by Flo-Rida- Isolations, heavy tension.
12. Show me the Money by Petey Pablo- Max tension with double times
13. Du Haste by some angry German- Combination of everything. Such an awesome adrenaline pumping song.
14. Dusk and Summer by Dashboard- Cool down.
After teaching spin the only thing I feel like is a salad, so there you have it…..
Steamed broccoli, snap peas and zucchini along with corn, potato, onion, tuna and topped with salsa and bbq sauce.
P.S. The winner is…..the SWOOP. Thanks for your help and my Mom will be sending you a check in the mail this week for being so nice to me.
P.P.S. The knee is still feeling awesome after yesterdays 12 miler:)
I want to hear about your exercise highs!!!
What types of exercises bring you your high?
-Running is my number one. Spin, the stair climber, pump and a hard session of intervals on the elliptical gives me my high too:)
Explain the euphoric feeling you get after an awesome workout…….
-I feel unstoppable, confident and my perspective on life changes completely! I see rainbows and leprechauns.
Do you lick the bowl of the things you bake?
-Brownies, cookies, bread, cake…you name it. I still have the teenager mentality when thinking about salmonella….it will never happen to me.