I try to stay pretty positive here on the good ol’ blog about my knee but today I realized how much I miss running. It has only been a little over a month since I have stopped running but it feels like it has been a lot longer and i still have about 2 months to go.
Will someone teach me how to match… pink, blue and orange. Really?
I started thinking about why I miss it so much even though I have found a new love in strength training and have been busy with so many other great things, but I think I figured it out……
1. No matter how grumpy, tired, moody, pmsee or upset I am if I go for a run I ALWAYS come home in a good mood. Even if it wasn’t a good run my mood changes for the better.
2. Waking up with blisters, chaffing and sore muscles makes me realize I accomplished something for myself and that I am getting stronger and pushing myself out of my comfort zone.
3. Feeling like the Garmin is my fifth appendage and constantly thinking about my pace, my mileage and challenging myself to a negative split:) Billy gave it to me for my birthday before we were married. He really motivated me to start racing.
4. I like competing and I really like passing men in a race. I actually get a high from it.
5. I love coming home to Billy bragging about my run, filling him in on my stats and telling him about any of my embarrassing running stories. He is so supportive to my addiction and always shows so much interest. Thanks boy.
6. Exploring new areas when running outside.
7. Watching 2 hours of Oprah and Dr. Phil during my long runs on a treadmill and not feeling guilty about it.
8. Lets be honest…carb-loading the night before a big race or long run is nothing short of awesome.
9. Making new friends that have your obsession for running. Thank goodness for new blog friends.
10. Feeling that I was born to do this!
Heck, my knee is already feeling so much better than it was a month ago…I WILL be back in no time!
Tell me the number 1 reason your run!!!