Hallelujah for Friday! I’ve got ten things to share with you from our Thursday!!!
1. Yesterday we went to visit Megan, Lindsey and Whitney for a bit. It has been ages since I had seen them and caught up on everything. Brooke found her favorite pillow like she does every time we are there.
2. The two of us stopped by the store to grab some things while we were out. Andrew and I make sure to do one on one time with the kids because while the blending family thing is going well, I think the kids still need one on one time too. Hence dates with Knox and dates with Brooke. They went from having each of our full attention at all times to sharing attention so we try to do this every so often.
3. We happened to be at the store that sells my favorite chocolate covered cinnamon bears and gummy bears so I picked up a few.
4. Spaghetti has been on my mind lately so we had spaghetti with meatballs (we used ground turkey for this recipe). Hit. The. Spot.
5. Andrew looks a tad bit different when his beard is gone right?!
6. The kids both do this thing to us throughout the day where we say something and then they look at us (while sometimes rolling their eyes) and say, ‘REALLY?’
7. Andrew sometimes makes it through at least half of his dinner before this:
8. On Thursday nights we are doing a thing called Family night—> an activity, a lesson and a treat. The lesson yesterday was about telling the truth and the kids LOVE Andrew’s stories. They ask for more and more and more.
9. The activity was steamroller and even Beretta joined in. I would like to say I have mastered this game.
10. Our second activity was watching parts of one of Knox’s favorite movies. It made me want more chocolate.
And a nice little vlog from Andrew and me. We made it way too late at night. Good luck;) Answering your questions from yesterday:
The plan I talk about on the VLOG is here!
We’ve got an awesome running accomplishment from Liz today and if you would like to share YOUR running accomplishments then send them to—> email@example.com
Liz!!! “So this is actually about 3 months late (because it took me this long to make peace with the race). I had been training since June for cross country- specifically, the league meet – with a goal of being top 25 in the race to get a medal. The day before the race, I got super sick (lost my voice, coughing, super congested- a great combo for someone with asthma) but still wanted to run. Long story short, I had an asthma attack a half mile in, threw up 4 times in 100 meters, and finished the race in something like 60th place- well off of what I had trained for. Although I’m still bummed about how it went (I missed running Districts for my team because of how I did) I never gave up and I’m proud of that (and it’s a great story to tell for my last XC race ever;)”
What are you most looking forward to this weekend?
Any other chocolate covered cinnamon bear lovers? Favorite chocolate covered items?
Favorite type of pasta, sauce and toppings?