1. I am loving the sea level thing over here. I mean, I’m not sure if it really makes THAT big of a difference but somehow my brain tells me that it does and breathing feels better. But it might also be because I’m not breathing in icicles when I am running like I do when I am in Utah;) PS it wasn’t on my ‘must’ list for a future spouse that he had to be a runner but I sure lucked out somehow in many ways with Andrew, including the fact that he is a runner. Or he will ride his bike with me when I am running if he doesn’t want to run one day.
I actually had kind of a scary experience last time while I was in California running and sometimes it just takes me a little while to share stuff like this—> I was by myself and some guy pulled up in a car next to me in a place where there wasn’t anyone/anything else around me (I turned somewhere I shouldn’t have). I had forgotten my pepper spray in Utah and the whole situation made me feel really creepy (in 20 years of running… I had never felt this afraid in a situation). I felt really strongly to get my phone out and make sure he saw me take a picture of him and his license plate and then sent it to Andrew. I’ve never even thought of doing that before and it was all probably nothing but I just felt strongly to leave the guy there more confused by me than me confused by him. It was weird but I’ve come to learn in life to always follow any strong feelings I have about different things and I’m glad I did… but I’m also really glad to not be running by myself in an area I do not know. Be careful out there!!!!
2. We did 10 miles for the day and then attempted to do some weights and that lasted a total of 7 minutes.
3. It turned out to be a pretty rainy in Southern California so we stayed close and kept it pretty lazy.
4. Somebody emailed me to try out Sharky’s because of our love of Cafe Rio type meals. It was amazing… salsa bars always have my heart.
Can you believe how pretty that is (yes, food is very pretty to me especially when I am hangry).
Andrew’s fajita bowl was even prettier. So far every restaurant we have eaten at has been amazing.
5. We hit up the bookstore for a little while to read and Andrew bought some Harry Potter fuel.
6. And then we got to try the donut/croissant/ice cream combination. Next donut stop for us is Sidecar Doughnuts (ps which one should we try?).
7. I’m being pretty fancy while we are here and actually wore earrings. I wear earrings approximately 2 times every 3 years (not an exaggeration).
8. Andrew booked a couples massage for our rainy day and I was pretty happy about that. Runners need massages. It should be part of our training plan. I felt so relaxed afterwards.
9. I kind of love the look of Christmas lights on palm trees.
10. On Tuesday night I had the strongest craving for spaghetti so we had spaghetti. It was perfect. For so many years of my life in my mid-20s I would ONLY order the “healthiest” items on the menu whether it sounded good or not. Now, I order what I feel like (whether that be a salad/something lighter or pizza or whatever) and enjoy it until I am full and then stop. I think it took me a decade to get to that place but it is so nice to just eat without all of the baggage that used to come along with it. Just eat. It’s nice.
11. We Facetimed with Knox and it was so great to hear his sweet voice and see that smile. He is beyond excited for Santa to come.
12. Brooke has been very busy with her new art set and I love the pictures I get while she is away. It makes my day when I get them.
13. WHO IS EXCITED to watch BOSTON 2017? I already can’t wait to see how they all do!!!!
14. We also have really mastered pool while we are here due to the rainy day.
15. My sister was just recently in California a few days ago too and sent me this picture. He ADORES his big brother.
Ever had a scary feeling/experience while out on a run? What did you do?
Do you notice a big difference when you change elevations when you are running?
Earrings… yay or nay? If your ears are pierced, when did you get them pierced?