1. My dream date includes trail running in the mountains with Andrew followed by eating donuts. The donuts portion did not occur (sadly, but I did get over it later on in the day) but the trail part did. There is just something about being away from cars and business while running that makes trail running my favorite.
2. We got out for 6.3 miles and some views.
3. Andrew just pondering how happy he is that he met me;) (Okay, I am just guessing on this one but I am pretty sure it was probably about that).
4. Brooke joined in on some push-ups with me afterwards. I was doing the ones on my knees until Andrew dared me to do them on my toes. I think I did 10 total (with not the best form) but you’ve got to start somewhere right?
5. And then I realized that my jacket was still in the mountains because it got hot and I took it off and left it on the side of the trail. I was very relieved when I went back to find it. You know how you have a few of your favorite staples
6. One of the highlight of Brooke and Beretta’s day—> dog bone.
7. Brooke in her element at grandma’s house. She wanted a red bow like Matilda and of course her Frozen crocs.
8. We met up with Andrew’s parents and some of his nieces and nephews after they ran the SLC Haunted Halloween 5k. She was beyond proud of her new shirt and medal for finishing. Racing love starting young over here:
9. We picked up salads (and a bacon sandwich ((what Brooke’s calls lunchables)) for Brooke) and hung out at the park.
10. Andrew and Megan D’s husband have become good friends (all because Megan D and I met on the internet and became bffs many years ago) and they now go mountain biking together. Andrew took a fall on Friday and his legs aren’t happy about it.
11. We took a rest break before mowing the lawn and cleaning the house top to bottom.
12. Followed by a walk for Beretta. She needs her exercise too. PS I don’t think Brooke will ever want to say goodbye to that umbrella stroller of hers.
13. They ran a race together and Brooke won:) Oh and earlier in the day I told Brooke that she is awesome and she replied back, “I already knew that.”
14. Sometimes the simplest dinners are by far the best. Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for the win.
15. After dinner I learned something new about Andrew while we were doing some grocery shopping. He likes egg nog. I’m not super excited about that.
Thoughts and feelings regarding Egg Nog?
What has your weekend running looked like?