HUGE HUGE CONGRATS to everyone that raced this last weekend (don’t forget to send in your accomplishments if you want me to feature them—> firstname.lastname@example.org). There seemed to be quite a few PRs, medals and great race days… so so excited for everyone!
Just the normal Sunday over here! (Brooke was very happy about the sun being in her eyes)
Brooke was pretty proud of her art work and writing that she did during church… PS Brooke calls Andrew about ten different names and we just let her call him whatever she feels comfortable with. Most of the time she calls him Andrew, shu-shu is one of her favorites and dad happens randomly too. We want her to decide on what she calls him because at this age she doesn’t fully understand everything and I just want her to be as comfortable as possible.
They are always playing some sort of game together… Andrew is a big kid when the little kids are around.
One of my favorite treats are the big pink sugar cookies from SWIG and I tried to recreate them at home with this recipe. The frosting didn’t turn out amazing but the actually cookie was pretty dang close.
After our cookie baking I fell asleep because I feel like Sunday naps are almost mandatory and woke up to this scene.
She went from playing with a dog to playing with a cat. Her definition of heaven.
Andrew’s family had a get together so we got to go and eat dinner with everyone! They are amazing people.
Then we went over to my sister’s house to celebrate my nephew’s bday!!! He was really excited about his egg and bacon socks from my mom.
Brooke was happy to be reunited with Curly.
She and I had a long conversation on the rug talking about everything from PE, to her best friends and to her art teacher only giving her FIFTY seconds to finish a project.
My nephew didn’t want a cake for his bday… he wanted an Oreo shake. He is already wise beyond his years.
I’m ready for an outdoor run today with Josse while the kids are at school!!! This time of year was made for running.
Something fun—> My sister will be blogging over here one or two times a month. I’m excited for you to get to know her a little bit better! But first, I wanted to share a few random sister facts before she blogs here.
1. We shared a room from the time I was born until she was 16. Talk about bonding.
2. When she moved away, she lived all over the country for a few years. This was before she had a cell phone + she didn’t have a landline. She would put her little boy (she only had one at the time) in the jogging stroller and run a few miles to the nearest pay phone and make sure she was one of the very first people to call me on my birthday.
3. One summer when she was living in Wyoming I stayed with her for a few weeks. We ran everywhere we went with her jogging stroller—> to the grocery store which was a few miles away, to Blockbuster, to the rec center, to take a step aerobics class and to buy Skittles at the gas station. I would put the Skittles in the freezer because I was really into frozen Skittles for awhile.
3. Once when I was in high school my boyfriend and I broke up right before a school dance. My sister picked me up for the weekend of the dance and drove me down to Las Vegas for a weekend of shopping and eating delicious food together.
4. When my mom was pregnant with me my sister already had three brothers and prayed every night that I would be a girl. She lucked out.
5. When she first moved away to go to college (aka 20 minutes away) it was so hard on me. I called her dorm room phone obsessively and left messages constantly. My parents decided to buy me a little white poodle to help keep me company because I missed her so much. I named my dog’s middle name after her.
6. Hint of lime chips, bin candy at the grocery store, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Trader Joe’s gummy Mango! Mango! will always remind me of her and our weekend movie marathons back in the day.
7. Alias (the show with Jennifer Gardner), Felicity and Buffy the Vampire Slayer will also always remind me of her. We were completely hooked on watching those shows together.
8. She gets me laughing ridiculously hard. I don’t think our humor is funny to anyone else but we sure get each other laughing hard.
9. She is the one that got me running in the very first place. I think my favorite running memory with her was up in the canyon on a running trail. When I told her that I might be moving out of state in the next couple of months, she stopped dead in her tracks and just laid down on the ground with her eyes closed. I was laughing so hard at the whole scene and she said she couldn’t move because her heart was hurting so bad. PS She is back running again!!! At one point her doctor told her that she would never be able to run again because her back was so bad but after surgery and lots of recovery she is happily running (with her doctor’s approval of course) pain-free again!
10. She has helped me a ridiculous amount to get me through the toughest times in life. She loves my kiddos (goodness she treated Knox like he was her very own special buddy since the first time she met him) like crazy. You should see her as a mom to those 5 kids of hers. They absolutely adore her and she loves them completely.
Any topics you want my sister to blog about?
What are some special memories with your siblings?
Are you a dog or cat or both person?
What fitness classes have you tried in the past?
-My sister and I were really into step aerobics for awhile, spin, zumba, pump and yoga!