HAPPY TUESDAY everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start.
I’ve got a killer glute workout for you to try if you would like. You can do this one with or without weights, at the gym/your house/the track/your hotel/wherever the heck you want. I’ve been focusing big time on strengthening my glutes these days and hoping that pays off come race day when I am in better running shape too. I’m positive by doing all of these little deposits into our running bank account that it will pay off when the right race comes along and we are ready to make a huge withdrawal with a PERSONAL RECORD. <—I don’t make any sense, I know.
Just grab some sort of timer (I just use my phone) and do each exercise for about 30 seconds (or until it burns) before moving to the next move. Some of the exercises (like side lying abduction and side planks) do for 30 seconds on each leg/side before moving on. I was pretty sore after the first few times that I did this workout but I love that because it means I challenged myself!
And an awkward movie with some talking and me doing each of the moves. I wish I could add music to it to make it seem less awkward but ya know… copyright laws and such.
A few things from yesterday!!!
1. I did a little bit of yoga yesterday. If I’ve learned anything about myself when it comes to stretching—> it is that I need somebody telling me what to do in order for me to actually do it. I need somebody guiding me through the stretches or else it ain’t gonna happen… I quit after two minutes on my own. This wonderful lady below has helped me to stick with stretching the last week or so.
2. I’m sure you’ve done this stretch but try pushing your elbow into your leg (below my left elbow on my left leg) to push the stretch a little bit further. It burns so good.
3. Brooke is part of a biking gang now… I wish they would let me join but they are pretty exclusive.
4. Pink clouds at sunset are pretty great.
5. Megan picked up some summer chairs for her porch and I feel like we will be spending large amounts of time together here.
6. These popsicles are everything. Dessert last night:
7. Brooke is a huge fan of bath time and I have to convince her to finally get out after a long time in there.. her prune hands always make us laugh.
8. It looks like we are wearing lipstick for some reason but we weren’t… random but just a right before bedtime pic together.
What are some deposits you’ve put into your running bank account (besides running) lately? More sleep/stretching/strength training/more water/massages/etc?!?
Do you like videos or are pictures easier when it comes to workouts etc?
On a scale from 1-10… how good are you at getting yourself to stretch? How many times a week do you spend time stretching?
Name one thing that you are looking forward to the most about summer!?