How I plank with turf toe. Running doesn’t hurt it but putting pressure on it and bending it like it does while in plank feels awful so I get my plank on with my right foot on top of my left.
While I love (/hate…it is really hard) bootcamp and the benefits of strength training… one of the biggest things that keeps me going is for the social aspect. Working out with friends is my absolute favorite way to bond with people. Thanks again Meg, my legs are probably going to be sore for a solid week after last night’s workout.
Brooke slept through bootcamp at my parents’ house… gymnastics days take it all out of her… I get it Brooke.
Once she woke up she tried to help me with my flexibility. This is as far as I can go.
Brooke told me that she had to go to the bathroom and when she didn’t come out for a bit I went to check on her and she had taken her pajamas off, was washing her horses and putting on my lip gloss. Toddlers sure can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time.
Before bed we got to work on Brooke signing all of her V-day cards for her classmates.
She would also read to me what each card said.
I have 14 very important V-day questions to ask you. Feel free to answer as many as you would like. I love holidays and want to know all of your thoughts on the day.
1. Who is your Valentine this year?
-Brooke Lin Jacobs
2. Have any V-day traditions?
-Heart shaped pancakes for breakfast (with every red sprinkle in Utah) and then we take Brooke and my sister’s kiddos to go pass out chocolate to the college kids at BYU.
3. Have any interesting Valentines Day stories?
-Last year I was asked out on a date for Valentines Day. I was stoked and we had texted that morning about it and then he never showed up to pick me up. No texts, no phone calls.. nothing. I 100% thought that I had been stood up on VALENTINES DAY so my mom took me to Bajios so that I wasn’t alone that night. I was not very happy with him until the next day he called to tell me that he was hiking that day and his group got lost and search and rescue had to come find them. I felt awful for assuming the worst about him and thinking that I was stood up when in reality he was in a crazy dangerous situation. We went on a fun date the next day.
4. Favorite chick flick love story? Book or movie?
5. Do you have any favorite Valentines Day recipes—> desserts or meals? Help us non-creative peeps out:)
6. Flowers or candy? If you chose candy what candy would you love to receive on Valentine’s Day?
-Chocolate covered cinnamon bears and gummy bears.
7. Are you running a race on V-day? Have you ever run a Valentines themed race?
-I did two years ago and wore some nifty heart socks for the occasion.
8. Any memories (funny or otherwise) from elementary school making and passing out Valentines?
9. Is anyone’s birthday on Valentine’s day?
10. Favorite cheesy/love song?
11. Anyone proposed to on Valentine’s Day? Know of anyone proposed to or married on V-day?
12. Your favorite kind of date—> out to a fancy restaurant or take-out and a movie at home?
13. Favorite quote about love or your definition for what love is?
14. Unrelated to Valentine’s Day but very important for Gilmore Girls lovers… how do we feel about Jess returning?