I saw this over on Megan’s blog and had to copy her… I think we all feel very passionate about our favorite workout gear and I love seeing what other people love/need/have to have/can’t live without so I am hoping you will share your favorites in the comments!
Here is my list of stuff that I am very grateful to for becoming a part of my daily life (yes, I get a little emotional about these things because they make me so happy;)
1. My favorite GPS watch —> The Garmin 410. I love the touch bezel which allows me to scroll through all of the different features/screens easily as I run. It uploads my information from the run wirelessly to my computer and the battery life is awesome (8 hours). I mainly use it to track my time, distance, pace and elevation but there are so many different features that you can also use the watch for (heart rate, you can input your workouts on the watch and the Virtual Partner program). I feel like mine always finds the satellites quickly and I have not experienced any glitches/problems with the watch so far and I have been using it for many many many miles over the last year.
2. My Jaybird BlueBuds X. I no longer have to deal with chords and I love it. The sound on these are incredible, the battery lasts forever and they stay put in my ears perfectly. They are sweat proof and beyond easy to use. I don’t know how I listened to music before these.
3. To go along with #2 my iPod Nano (it has bluetooth so that you can use it with the above wireless headphones). I use THIS Clipcase to attach it to the top of my shorts when I am running and I love it because I forget it is even there because it is so light.
4. Brooks PureFlows . Actually, any and all Brooks shoes. I love racing in the PureDrifts and the Ravenna 5s have been on my feet a lot lately. Once you find shoes that you love… stick with them. This is how I feel about my Brooks, my feet feel like they are in heaven when I wear them.
5. Nike Rival Short. I just have one pair but I wear them as many times as possible each month. I don’t know what it is about them but they are crazy comfortable and they come in a lot of fun colors!
6. My foam roller. I use this absolutely every day. It helps me to recovery quickly and get a deep tissue sports massage for free:) I think this is a necessary tool for anyone who works out a lot… not just for runners! You can watch my foam rolling video HERE!
(An old picture… I don’t know why I felt the need to include Tootsie Rolls with this picture)
7. Fit 4 Her protein powder. You can read my review here but this is my favorite thing to eat after a hard workout. You can use the code HRG for $7 off! I drink this (in the form of a smoothie with almond milk, frozen strawberries/bananas and almond butter) after every hard workout. It is really filling and it is full of awesome nutrients for women athletes! You can find it HERE!!!
8. PRO Compression socks, sleeves and compression tights. I have been wearing these for years after workouts, whenever I travel and the short socks during workouts. They are an incredible company and they are passionate about their product and helping athletes recover quickly!
9. A cold river right by my house so that I can be lazy and not have to go buy ice for an ice bath after a hard workout.
10. Salted Caramel Gu. I swore that I would never be a Gu person because I just couldn’t handle the flavors or textures BUT this flavor of Gu won me over and it is all I have been using in races and for my long runs. It tastes like candy and I notice a huge jump in my energy right after I take one.
YOUR TURN!!!! Gear/workout things that you just couldn’t live without? Your favorite stuff!