Brinner is always a good idea. I met someone the other day that told me that they didn’t like breakfast foods and it actually hurt my heart to hear such a thing.
Speaking of Breakfast foods, Brooke now knows how to get into the pantry and bring out the boxes of cereal. I don’t remember if I ever did a formal review on the chocolate FMWs——> STICK TO THE CLASSIC FMWs. The chocolate= no (in my expert FMW opinion) but Brooke likes to munch on a few every now and then.
Brooke and I had a really fancy tea party on the deck, this weather is incredible right now.
Over two weeks since the last time I had froyo (I love setting new pr’s) so I made Jess go get some with me. 9.5 miles of running on the trails made me want to eat all day long.
I am going to keep this lighthearted (none of this has anything to do with the real issues of my divorce) but there are some definite positives to being single again and I thought I would share them with you. Obviously, I never thought I would get divorced but I did so let’s focus on the positive side of the whole thing.
10. Eating chocolate/candy/popcorn/whatever I want in bed all of the time. No one to judge me (except I am telling you all about this and I am sure some people will judge me for this but oh well).
9. I get to watch a ridiculous amount of chick flicks/10 consecutive episodes of Parenthood/whatever show I choose in bed until 3 a.m. and there is nothing wrong with that. Also, I love getting lost in a good book and not feeling bad for leaving the lights on half the night so I can read ‘just one more chapter.’
8. Every holiday with my family… I absolutely loved my in-laws but I of course always missed my family on Christmas and other holidays, it is so nice to always get to be with them.
7. I get to turn on the light and make as much noise as I need to in the morning when I am getting ready to go running… no tiptoeing around at 5 a.m. for me:)
6. Dating again. It is a blast. I will talk more about this in another post.
5. King size bed all to myself. I think I have 7 blankets and 5 pillows and I spread myself across my entire bed each night.
4. No more watching sports on tv. HALLELUJAH. I would be fine if I never had to watch another football game on tv again in my life.
3. As many girls’ nights as I want. Just the feeling of being able to go do whatever I want once Brooke goes down to bed without anyone else’s opinion of what I should be doing (wow, I sound like a teenager).
2. Spending time with myself. Getting to know myself better. Doing things on my own. Figuring out that I don’t need anyone else to make me happy. Being comfortable with just being Janae and being exactly who I know that I am.
1. Starting fresh. Knowing that I have a whole world of opportunities ahead of me… the possibilities are endless. My life is an open book now, I am excited to see where it takes me and Brooke.
What about you… single, married, engaged, dating? What are some of the best parts about your situation?
Watching sports on tv—> do you like to? Favorite and least favorite sport to watch on tv?
Are you a brinner person?
Any cereals that you do not like?